The Student Room Group

Worried sick

I'm so nervous (as I'm sure every other student is) for results day, and hate when people say 'Oh, just forget about it' because I can't.
I'm worrying that if I miss my grades I have absolutely no chance of getting into the uni of my choice and especially because of the fact that I dont wanna go to my insurance :frown: no way

If a course is in clearing; does this mean that it has more space than others or not? I'm just so scared :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
If a course is in clearing it means it isn't full. That's all.

There's no point in worrying, you don't know your grades yet and you'll only know on the day. Don't think negatively about it :biggrin: ! I dunno why TSR has decided to put a massive ****ing countdown to results day timer on the front page smh, someone needs sacking for that ****.
Original post by somemightsay888
If a course is in clearing it means it isn't full. That's all.

There's no point in worrying, you don't know your grades yet and you'll only know on the day. Don't think negatively about it :biggrin: ! I dunno why TSR has decided to put a massive ****ing countdown to results day timer on the front page smh, someone needs sacking for that ****.

I just hate it and I'm sure many other people do, there's so much pressure and I cant help but think about what if it all goes wrong :/ thanks for that I use the mobile version so I havent seen it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go find something to occupy your time - a job, volunteering, travelling - basically anything that will keep you active and less likely to think about the big day.
Reply 4
I feel exactly the same :frown: for me, results day is whether or not I get in to medicine, and I really think that I've missed the grades. The wait is horrible
Well you have 2 weeks until results day. My advice would be to keep an eye on clearing on results day if you're worried. You should also look at possible resits if you feel like doing that. If not, look at non university alternatives(trades, army, navy, air force, apprenticeships)
Reply 6
Worrying will have no impact on your final grade, so occupy your time with something else. Get some work experience or a job.
Original post by princesskimana
I'm so nervous (as I'm sure every other student is) for results day, and hate when people say 'Oh, just forget about it' because I can't.
I'm worrying that if I miss my grades I have absolutely no chance of getting into the uni of my choice and especially because of the fact that I dont wanna go to my insurance :frown: no way

If a course is in clearing; does this mean that it has more space than others or not? I'm just so scared :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel for you, my hands are a little shaky just typing about this - TSR just keeps reminding me of results day in 15 days and then boundaries in less than 2 weeks.
Reply 8
Original post by princesskimana

Posted from TSR Mobile

Worrying is just natural in these circumstances. These results will determine what happens for the rest of your life. Trust me missing your grades and being rejected by your firm is a horrible position to be in. It's just natural to worry for us. I'm just keeping my mind off it for now.
Worrying is natural. I was in a real state around this time 2 years ago. Try keeping yourself busy. Get a job, see friends, go out to watch a movie. When you do eventually get to uni you'll realise how futile it was wasting that time worrying when you could have been chilling out and relaxing as the first year of uni is a lot of work and adjustment.
Original post by TheOneWhoWanks
it really isn't the end of the world. Your fault for choosing a bad insurance though.

Not really. A lot of people end up not wanting to go to their insurance because you've already psyched yourself for your firm and probably didn't put as much thought into a back up option
Original post by YellowWallpaper
Worrying is natural. I was in a real state around this time 2 years ago. Try keeping yourself busy. Get a job, see friends, go out to watch a movie. When you do eventually get to uni you'll realise how futile it was wasting that time worrying when you could have been chilling out and relaxing as the first year of uni is a lot of work and adjustment.

Thanks for your productive advice! I have a job and I am seeing friends, its soo hard tryna not think about results but I'll give it a try!

Posted from TSR Mobile
idk if you would respond but how did it go! I'm in the same position rn 6 years later and im worried sick ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending