The Student Room Group

Durham University A100 (2016 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Torel
I actually checked on that point. Apparently no university can force you to live on campus, it is an education institution; not the army or a prison.

All students are encouraged to live on campus as they find it increases social cohesion and facilitates pastoral support but none can be forced.

Simply put I'm not being the creepy Student in his mid 30's, living with loads of teenagers.

No disrespect meant to any of my hopefully future class mates, but my days of being a party hard student are a distant memory and I intend on keeping it that way.

You can choose to live out. I don't live on campus and didn't have to give any reasons for choosing to live out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by treenyc
I'll be living at home - I'm a mam.

Are you from Tesside or Tyneside?
Those who have been rejected have u received an email from the uni and are they all pre-interview
Reply 583
From what I've seen here, they are all pre-interview as they are people who didn't meet the UKCAT threshold, which seems to be about 685 this year.
Original post by L2Medicine2016
Those who have been rejected have u received an email from the uni and are they all pre-interview

My rejection was pre-interview but I haven't had an email from the uni, it's only showed up on my track.

I emailed them yesterday asking for feedback on my rejection (and hopefully what the UKCAT threshold was) but I'm still waiting for a reply.
I just received a rejection via track pre interview.
Ukcat 675
Received a rejection 630

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FREYA2898
Received a rejection 630

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here!
That's the end of my medical career . 4 rejections . I'm out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ow don't give up. You can try again next year.
Original post by cma2
From the Teesside area too? Mam gave it away! Haha

Original post by Timewilltellu
Are you from Tesside or Tyneside?

Neither - County Durham 😂 (Seaham)
What about you two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't give up! This is my third year of applying and the furthest I've gotten so far.
Original post by meggyP
Rejection just received- grad applicant UKCAT 675
Got an offer from King's though so not bothered at all :smile:

Congratulations on the Kings offer! Is that for a100?
Original post by treenyc
What about you two?

Newcastle. I understand you have got both uni's interview, which one would you prefer to go to if both offer you a place?
Newcastle. I understand you have got both uni's interview, which one would you prefer to go to if both offer you a place?

Firstly I will need to calm down from screaming and dancing around ecstatically! An offer from both would be absolutely unreal!

if I do get an offer from both, I will decide for certain after the post offer open days. Didnt you apply to both?
Reply 595
Original post by treenyc
What about you two?

I'm from a place called Norton. About a whopping mile from Queens Campus! Didn't have far to travel for the interview!
Original post by treenyc
Firstly I will need to calm down from screaming and dancing around ecstatically! An offer from both would be absolutely unreal!

if I do get an offer from both, I will decide for certain after the post offer open days. Didnt you apply to both?

No, I have only applied to Durham as I was not sure how crazy the UKCAT cutoff would be and thought it could be too risky to apply for both of them.
Original post by cma2
I'm from a place called Norton. About a whopping mile from Queens Campus! Didn't have far to travel for the interview!

So nice and handy for you lol!
No, I have only applied to Durham as I was not sure how crazy the UKCAT cutoff would be and thought it could be too risky to apply for both of them.

Yeah the cutoff is a huge risk. Fingers crossed!
Original post by treenyc
Yeah I'm a grad and had my interview in November.

It says on their website for a100 "All applicants will be expected to show evidence of sustained academic endeavour within the last 3 years"

Maybe that's why you havn't heard - sorry to be the bearer of bad news :/

Hey I didn't have any idea you were a grad hahah

I'm a grad too. 👍🏼👍🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending