City University
London
Visit website

City Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
They will tell you on the day what you need to pass :smile:

ok thanks but do you not remember how many to pass?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Tafo
ok thanks but do you not remember how many to pass?

I'm not allowed to say on here I'm afraid but they will tell you on the day :smile: the tests are simple so the pass marks are reasonable x
Soo has anyone applied for law llb? I'm asking because im worried about the social aspect of studying at city, don't want it to be too boring :smile:
Hey guys is there a facebook group for the city university in general and/or for the law applicants? Thank you :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by Josh124
Soo has anyone applied for law llb? I'm asking because im worried about the social aspect of studying at city, don't want it to be too boring :smile:

Fellow law applicant here!!!! ✨✨🐲🐲🐲🐲🌻🌻🌻🌻
Original post by Josh124

I got an offer from City for Law
any leniency for missing conditional offer, civil engineering ?
Original post by Chocolate-engine
any leniency for missing conditional offer, civil engineering ?

Hi :smile: I don't know about civil engineering in particular but in psychology they said that they are much more likely to look to those who applied to city as a first choice who didn't quite get the grades before going to those in clearing unless the course is already full. Sorry if this isn't any help :frown: but I imagine it's similar across some of the departments. What sort of grades are you looking at?
Original post by Radioactive_
Hi :smile: I don't know about civil engineering in particular but in psychology they said that they are much more likely to look to those who applied to city as a first choice who didn't quite get the grades before going to those in clearing unless the course is already full. Sorry if this isn't any help :frown: but I imagine it's similar across some of the departments. What sort of grades are you looking at?

Hi :smile: thank you for replying and my offer is 300 ucas points ( 3B's) , I was just wondering what would happen if i miss my offer and was to get 2B's & 1C.
Original post by Chocolate-engine
Hi :smile: thank you for replying and my offer is 300 ucas points ( 3B's) , I was just wondering what would happen if i miss my offer and was to get 2B's & 1C.

No problem :smile: I think you'll be fine, it all really depends on the popularity of the course but psychology is pretty popular and their still fairly lenient (AAB required). Good luck and hope to see you there in September :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
No problem :smile: I think you'll be fine, it all really depends on the popularity of the course but psychology is pretty popular and their still fairly lenient (AAB required). Good luck and hope to see you there in September :biggrin:

Good Luck to you too, see you in september !
Reply 311
Hey everyone! If you didn't already know, there's a chat group set up for all of us on FB! Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1482800692026095/
Hi guys, late applicant here! (yes shame on me! but i had quite a few misfortunes with family members and it resulted in me applying late) anyways, I want to study radiography and oncology - ive applied to two other places but im really really hoping city will give me an offer as they are my first choice. does anyone know how long it takes for them to send an offer and/or rejection?

Thanks in advance guys! :smile:
Original post by bby
Me!!!

hellos
I am georgian girl. have just received an offer from city- psychology. as a non-eu student i will have to spend a loot during my studies there.
i hesitate a loot. afraid of wasting my time and money there.
any advice would be so much useful form me from you.
looking forward to your answer.
thanks
liza
Download an app called city mapper to help you get around London and find cheap restaurants and places to go. If you look there's a lot of good places to go to at cheap prices and take advantage of all discounts you can, city are offering burseries and if you have a job you'll have no problem.

Right now money's limited because I haven't found a job yet but I'm doing fine on nights out :smile:

Hey do you think the same applies to law llb course? I'm expected to get around 3 Bs (300 ucas points) but after my exams i don't feel to confident....is not meeting the tarrif by 20 points a significant deal
Original post by sanjeedauddin
Hey do you think the same applies to law llb course? I'm expected to get around 3 Bs (300 ucas points) but after my exams i don't feel to confident....is not meeting the tarrif by 20 points a significant deal

Law is pretty popular, probably as much as or even more than psychology so meeting your offer would be best obviously but it depends how many applicants they have had, how good your PS was, what sort of preformance record you have at school etc. They consider everyone on an individual basis and if you applied to city as a firm choice you will be more likely to be considered first if they don't fill the course with people who have achieved the target grades.

In conclusion, it can't be said for sure that you'll get in with lower grades but a good educational history, school record, PS and recommendation from your teachers will really help. Good luck :smile:
Hello :smile:
Got accepted on Accounting and Finance ^^
Does anyone know when the course starts and when is the fresher's week?
That's what i found on the website..http://www.city.ac.uk/about/city-information/academic-year
Is it the right list?
Has anyone received their offer for accommodation yet? Apparently they're sent out this month.
Reply 319
City confirmed my place for Banking and International Finance but I still haven't heard back anything for the accommodation. I think that we will have a reply very soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending