The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

What courses from Bayes Business School (C,UoL) are usually in clearing?

I particularly wanted to do the Banking and International Finance course through clearing if anyone knows about that
Clearing is a backup option - if you want to study this course then apply before the January deadline for it.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Clearing is a backup option - if you want to study this course then apply before the January deadline for it.

yeah i know but issue is my predicted grades are too bad to apply for the course, but i strongly believe i can do way better in the real a levels so wanted to see if i have the option of clearing
Original post by raiyan12345
yeah i know but issue is my predicted grades are too bad to apply for the course, but i strongly believe i can do way better in the real a levels so wanted to see if i have the option of clearing

Have you spoken to them about how they use predicted grades in selection?

Have you spoken to your teachers about what improvements and progress you could demonstrate to show that you can do better than your current predictions between now and the deadline in January?

Even in clearing a university will prefer an applicant who originally applied to them in January over someone who hasn’t shown any interest until august.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you spoken to them about how they use predicted grades in selection?

Have you spoken to your teachers about what improvements and progress you could demonstrate to show that you can do better than your current predictions between now and the deadline in January?

Even in clearing a university will prefer an applicant who originally applied to them in January over someone who hasn’t shown any interest until august.

i am definitely going to email universities to ask about that for sure, and im gona try and demonstrate that i can do better than what the predicted grades say

sadly, my school is being really weird and stingy and they're saying their predicted grades are final and they're not changing it under any circumstances which doesn't really make any sense considering the deadline is more than 3 months away... it's extremely annoying but theres nothing i can really do

im just hoping my emails to the universities will convince them to at least consider me for a conditional offer.
Original post by raiyan12345
i am definitely going to email universities to ask about that for sure, and im gona try and demonstrate that i can do better than what the predicted grades say

sadly, my school is being really weird and stingy and they're saying their predicted grades are final and they're not changing it under any circumstances which doesn't really make any sense considering the deadline is more than 3 months away... it's extremely annoying but theres nothing i can really do

im just hoping my emails to the universities will convince them to at least consider me for a conditional offer.

Don’t email in the first instance. Ring them up. Or even better go to an open day and ask in person.

if you want something in writing then ask the person you speak to to confirm what they’re saying over email.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Don’t email in the first instance. Ring them up. Or even better go to an open day and ask in person.

if you want something in writing then ask the person you speak to to confirm what they’re saying over email.

ah wow didnt realise ringing was an option, i'll definitely do that, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending