The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers Megathread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm a BA classic civ student too, it's nice to meet you! ^.^ I can only say what i read, so you may well already know this stuff, but avalanche is a huge party run by warwick's snowsports club. Hall wars sounds so fun - it's like the hall olympics but with random events rather than any *genuine* sports :P I got especially excited by the beer pong and toilet racing they said they ran last year~
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by BMoreing
Hello! Classical Civilisation fresher here, would anyone happen to know if there is a Freshers' Ball or if there are any fancy dress events? Can't seem to find any when I look at the WarwickSU page. And can anyone explain what Avalanche or Hall Wars are? Thanks :smile:

Avalanche is an event set up by Warwick Snow

When I went, the first few hundred people or so got a free t-shirt. I remember it being a good night.

Hall Wars is a competitive games based activity where students of different halls compete against other halls in several mini games.

I believe the winning hall gets to throw a free party.

There is a freshers party on the 16th Oct, but that doesn't require any fancy dressing up.

Maybe for the Christmas Ball you could do that
Also same!
hello guys, can anyone help me how to get the Warwick enrolment certificate?? :biggrin:D
Original post by momoney1996
hello guys, can anyone help me how to get the Warwick enrolment certificate?? :biggrin:D

You'll receive an email telling you when to enrol.
Original post by Disney0702
Hi! I'm in exactly the same boat as you! I do not drink and I'll most probably be avoiding clubs/pubs/partying so I was getting a little anxious about whether I'd have a good time during freshers.

I've also not received a welcome pack from Warwick.

Hi! I feel loads better knowing I'm not the only one - we can have lots of (alcohol-free) fun together!
Original post by teaspoons
Hi! I feel loads better knowing I'm not the only one - we can have lots of (alcohol-free) fun together!

Sure thing! 🙋
Reply 187
Where can you get the Fresher's Passport? There isnt an option to buy them where the other tickets can be bought... also the Warwick page says they come out on the 10th of september but the rest of the page hadn't been updated for over a year... is that an accurate date?
Reply 188
Original post by lisaah
Where can you get the Fresher's Passport? There isnt an option to buy them where the other tickets can be bought... also the Warwick page says they come out on the 10th of september but the rest of the page hadn't been updated for over a year... is that an accurate date?

I believe it's the 16th September this year and here is all the information for freshers this year: http://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/
Original post by BMoreing
Another BA Classical Civ student in the house :biggrin:

Hi5! Me too! Nice to meet you! :smile:
If you want to get to know us beforehand then you can totally talk to me! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.H.2746
Hey! I'm a BA classic civ student too, it's nice to meet you! ^.^ I can only say what i read, so you may well already know this stuff, but avalanche is a huge party run by warwick's snowsports club. Hall wars sounds so fun - it's like the hall olympics but with random events rather than any *genuine* sports :P I got especially excited by the beer pong and toilet racing they said they ran last year~

Hey nice to meet you! (I'm another addition to the 'Classical Civilisation crew' - I know that sounded so cheesy, sorry :P)
If you want to get to know any of us beforehand then don't hesitate to message! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone recieved their accomodation/enrolment email yet? I know that we were supposed to get it this week but am currently yet to recieve anything...
Original post by Josh_Stride
Has anyone recieved their accomodation/enrolment email yet? I know that we were supposed to get it this week but am currently yet to recieve anything...

I haven't either. I saw someone say in an earlier post or on a different thread that Warwick will release accommodation offers near the end of this week.
Original post by Josh_Stride

This is what Warwick accommodation put on Twitter - should be today or

tomorrow! ☺️image.jpg
Reply 194
I finally got my Welcome Pack. Now waiting for the accommodation.
One of my friends got his accomodation offers at 11:47, so is worth checking your emails. I, however, am still waiting on mine. :frown:
Original post by dkusi2
I finally got my Welcome Pack. Now waiting for the accommodation.

I got my Welcome pack today as well! About time, right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by Disney0702
I got my Welcome today as well! About time, right?

Yh ikr
anyone get their enrolment email yet???
Original post by shaf6565
anyone get their enrolment email yet???

Not me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest