The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrisKnott
I agree that Year 12 is less stressful than Year 13 but after the stress of applying for UCAS i could get my head down and focus on revision and i did more work in Year 13 than ever before whereas in Year 12 i spent so much time messing around it was shocking. While you may think loads of revision cant possibly be a good year, for me i think the feeling of being so productive made me feel a lot better in the end than being lazy.

I get that being productive makes you happier. But you could have done the same thing in Year 12 with less stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yabbayabba
I get that being productive makes you happier. But you could have done the same thing in Year 12 with less stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, but i didn't so just for me i'd say it was still Year 13. I think if i went back i maybe could've made Year 12 my best year. But at the same time other things made Year 13 my best year. It was a combo of my classes/productivity i think.
I agree, but i didn't so just for me i'd say it was still Year 13. I think if i went back i maybe could've made Year 12 my best year. But at the same time other things made Year 13 my best year. It was a combo of my classes/productivity i think.

Ok so it was your own fault Year 12 wasn't as good I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yabbayabba
Ok so it was your own fault Year 12 wasn't as good I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i definitely could've made it better but other things out of my control made Year 13 better. Like our maths teachers changing so we had a cooler teacher and our maths classes dropping some people after Year 12 results so our 2 classes merged together which was good because people from the other class were a lot funnier and harder working. Then loads of people were kicked off or dropped the Business Studies course so our class was only 2 people really which was great because the other person is the hardest working person i know and it's been good working with people like that.
Yes i definitely could've made it better but other things out of my control made Year 13 better. Like our maths teachers changing so we had a cooler teacher and our maths classes dropping some people after Year 12 results so our 2 classes merged together which was good because people from the other class were a lot funnier and harder working. Then loads of people were kicked off or dropped the Business Studies course so our class was only 2 people really which was great because the other person is the hardest working person i know and it's been good working with people like that.

Fairs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 7 as I didn't know about the mess of the later years. Year 12 has been pretty good so far though.
Year 10, old enough to start snorting coke and ****ing bad bitches but young enough to not have the stress of GCSEs
year 8/9 and year 12
year 10 was good, it was the year i turned hench and bullied year 7's, 8's 9's..
Reception and year 1 were awesome
Y7: Bullied
Y8: Bullied
Y9: Awesome
Y10: Best friend left, bullied
Y11: No friends
generally loved year 8 and 9. then in year 10 had a few gcse exams and in year 11 too.
enjoyed year 12 too! but nearly failed! year 13 was beyond stressful. overall met some great people!
Original post by Foo.mp3
It would normally send alarm bells ringing - I'll say no more as it's in the past/not really the place :smile:

You can tell me elsewhere
My experience:
Y7 - it was alright but it wasn't great, lost friends and gained friends
Y8 - what even happened, was I drunk for the whole of that year?
Y9 - complete waste of time, pretty much sucked
Y10 - THE BEST!
Y11 - pretty good year if I'm honest, except for the stress it was one of the better ones.

Ranking - Y10, Y11, Y8, Y7, Y9

If I can include primary school, year 5 was great!
First year of high school because it was like a survival TV show except more cringeworthy, almost this level http://youtu.be/unRldLdllZ8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Awesome Genius
My impression of each year

Year 7: Got picked on for being very small
Year 8: Got picked on for being small
Year 9: Big enough to defend ourselves and no serious work commitments - great year.
Year 10: More freedoms, GCSEs still far away -wooooooo
Year 11: Exams :/
Year 12: University
Year 13 Part 1: Admissions exams, interviews, omg
Year 13 part 2: Got into univrrsitye hahahahaha yeeeeey. Chilling out.

Id say Year 9 or 10

Want a bj?
Year 10 was the BEST year - Duke of Edinburgh and the last year before proper GCSE exams.
I really really miss school days, esp Years 10 & 11!
Year 7- New, nervous but not too much commitment
Year 8- Stressy, failed majority of my end of year exams, best friend moved to the other side of the world
Year 9- More fun, lonely without my friend (miss you, Lily!)
Year 10- Typical teenagerness, GCSEs still far away
Year 11- EXAMS

So my best was probably year 7.
This is a bit lengthy... :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Latest