The Student Room Group

moving sixth forms

I want to change schools because I felt lonely and i wanted a new change in environment but my current skl has the best academics and the school i’m looking into to has decent grades but they’re both grammar schools. The current school I do have friends and all but i’m not too close with them so I’m just confused if i should focus on the social or the academic aspects to move to sixth form. Please help!!
If you’re in year 12 going into year 13 in a few months, I would say there’s really no point.
Reply 2
Original post by PixiePresents
If you’re in year 12 going into year 13 in a few months, I would say there’s really no point.

i’m in y11
Original post by ng007
I want to change schools because I felt lonely and i wanted a new change in environment but my current skl has the best academics and the school i’m looking into to has decent grades but they’re both grammar schools. The current school I do have friends and all but i’m not too close with them so I’m just confused if i should focus on the social or the academic aspects to move to sixth form. Please help!!

Hey, I'm in the same sort of situation as you haha. Have you met anyone at the new grammar school and do you think you will easily be able to make friends on top of dealing with A-levels? If so I would say go for it but academically I think you will do just as well in either school. You could consider which school is better for helping their students getting into university as well?
Reply 4
Original post by Frizzle16523
Hey, I'm in the same sort of situation as you haha. Have you met anyone at the new grammar school and do you think you will easily be able to make friends on top of dealing with A-levels? If so I would say go for it but academically I think you will do just as well in either school. You could consider which school is better for helping their students getting into university as well?

I do have a friend from primary who goes to the school and she said that the people are really nice but my school’s academic performance is way better. I actually think I am going to stay at my current school as it is only two years so I might as well carry on with the environment I’m familiar with. I wish you all the best and hopefully you can find a sixth form you like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending