The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

S6, I'm from Scotland so I don't know what the English equivalent is.
Hmm, it's between year 11, 12 or 13.

Year 11 - Last you at secondary school. All the idiots I couldn't stand didn't get into my sixth-form.
Year 12 - Enjoyed it and making new friends and more freedom. AS maths ruined it though. Still, I loved my sixth-form.
Year 13 - Probably the best year actually. About to start university, doing well in all my subjects, no more maths, finally the end of one chapter of my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 7-9 just all merge for me really. Year 10 & 11 were ok but I hated my english class (full of pricks), my maths table hardly spoke to me for 4 years (year 8 to 11), and science we had a too large a class and a crap biology teacher that taught us nothing... (yet still got an A overall.. thankfully we did Science not a GCSE in each of the three individual subjects!), but Business had a great class and teacher. PE was awesome in year 10 and 11 too.

Year 12 was alright but year 13 I think I enjoyed the most, teachers treated you just like other members of staff and said some pretty funny/shocking things.
Year7 : I was in hospital for a lot of it and everyone was still so childish and barely any freedom

Year8: probably the best year tbh! I was so naively innocent but thought I was grown up! Fell in love for the first time and had a secure group of friends (even though I later found out most of them were b*tchez )

Year 9: sucked, fell out with everyone, became depressed, failed at school and hated life

Year 10: changed schools because of year 9, was so difficult to start with and was picked on, but made the best friends I've ever had and still consider it to be one of the best school years despite a tough start

Year 11: had its ups and downs, don't remember worrying about GCSEs that much but still did quite well

Year 12: started at a sixth form college. Was ok. Didn't love nor hate it and missed my friends from school who went to different colleges. Started to really take my education seriously in year 12. And realised I wanted to be a lawyer.

Year 13. Sucked. Literally spent the whole year studying so barely went out/had few friends. Was lonely. Awaiting alevel results atm so hope I'm not disappointed!

All in all I'd say either year 8 or year 10
Year 7 and Year 9
Year 7 and Year 9
funny, y10 was brill for me
Original post by Emily.97
Year 7, without a doubt. No worries, no concerns, no stressors concerning exams. I went through a bit of an "attitude" phase which I'm not proud of, but I hung out with certain people that I had a lot of fun with. That was before I became wise to how much of a bad influence they were when it boiled down to it, and I started to become more mature and independent.

Same, to be quite honest! Year 7 was my best as well, without a shadow of doubt! No worries, drama or stress concerning exams. I made a few friends and I did really well academically. It was a very fun year as we had a lot of parties near the end of year 7:u:
My experience:
Year 7: THE BEST!
Year 8: Sucked, literally missed half the year due to covid and was bullied quite a lot
Year 9: Pretty good year if I’m honest, did really well academically, had a great class, was in top set for everything. Also did Duke of Edinburgh so went on expedition - was great.
Year 10: It’s alright, but not as great as earlier years, didn’t do the best academically, there were a lot of fights and only had about 3 close friends in the year.
I’m only in year 10 currently.

Ranking: Year 7, Year 9, Year 10, Year 8
So my best was probably year 7.

If I can include primary school, years 5 and 6 were great!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by HunterJumper27
Year 7- New, nervous but not too much commitment
Year 8- Stressy, failed majority of my end of year exams, best friend moved to the other side of the world
Year 9- More fun, lonely without my friend (miss you, Lily!)
Year 10- Typical teenagerness, GCSEs still far away
Year 11- EXAMS

So my best was probably year 7.

Same, I loved year 7, it was the best year of my school life

Latest