The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This should probably be in General Discussion. :smile:
*reports
Reply 2
OK can someone please move it. You can see why I'd be confused though?
Reply 3
It will be moved ASAP - as soon a moderator sees the report :smile:

Actaully, this topic has no real relevance to The Student Room, so that's why i don't think it should be in here. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Sorry, would have moved it sooner but I was busy looking into something else :smile:
Reply 5
OK.

Can anyone who knows about this get-together please fill me in with more info? It's at the Scottish Borders and will take place during summer (I think), that is all I know.
Reply 6
BloodBrother
OK.

Can anyone who knows about this get-together please fill me in with more info? It's at the Scottish Borders and will take place during summer (I think), that is all I know.

Sorry, but i don't think anyone actually knows anything about this. :s-smilie:
It's at your house, tonight. See you there! Don't forget to BYOB!
Reply 8
Do I know you? I know that isn't true, so does anyone actually know more about it?
Reply 9
BloodBrother
Do I know you? I know that isn't true, so does anyone actually know more about it?

No-one does, because there is no party ;no;

If people from TSR were planning to come to the Borders, I'd be one of the first to know (so I know to barricade the doors of my house beforehand :p:)

It is true that members of TSR do sometimes meet up in various cities around the country, but the only one to my knowledge anywhere near the border was in Edinburgh, and that was three months ago.
Reply 10
I don't think it was a TSR thing, just some random party organised by some random people :confused:
Reply 11
vector
I don't think it was a TSR thing, just some random party organised by some random people :confused:

One or two posts I removed seemed to imply it was a TSR thing.
Reply 12
The way someone described it to me I wouldn't get invited, because I hardly know them. This seems to describe a worrying paradox. I assumed that as it is held at the Scottish Borders and someone mentioned loads of people would be coming, that it was open to just about anyone with a TSR account. If not, then why would it be held there?

The only alternative I could think of is that the organiser is holding the party for themselves(I'm not mentioning the person's gender yet) and their friends with a TSR account, or maybe without. That seems full of, you know, the stuff that bulls make. I just don't see how they can hold it at that location and not expect TSR members from all over Britain to come and have fun. That's all it is, after all right? Fun and relaxation after some gruelling exams.
I think it was a joke. Unless it's being organised away from TSR there is no meetup or party that we moderators know of.
Reply 14
Well it seems reasonable to assume that they wouldn't have thought of the moderator's permission and stuff, maybe if they read this they will. After all I barely noticed the moderators until I needed some help.
Reply 15
BloodBrother
Well it seems reasonable to assume that they wouldn't have thought of the moderator's permission and stuff, maybe if they read this they will. After all I barely noticed the moderators until I needed some help.

Yeah, but meetings are normally talked about the Back Room (subscriber-only forum), so Mods will normally know about the get-togethers and stuff.
Reply 16
BlackHawk
I think it was a joke. Unless it's being organised away from TSR there is no meetup or party that we moderators know of.

:ditto:

And one being held in the Scottish Borders is one that I'd definitely find out about one way or another - after all, I live there :biggrin:
Reply 17
It's my party.

Basically, I have a free house for several weeks this summer. Obviously I'm planning on having a few parties and, seeing as I have several friends on TSR, I suggested we could arrange a little boozy gathering at my house (if anyone could be arsed coming up/down). It's not an official TSR party or anything.

No offence BloodBrother, but I don't even know who you are, and I don't know how an earth you know this stuff about my party :confused:. Rather worrying.
Reply 18
Peebles party? Bah, Gala's the place to be :p:
Reply 19
Ya huh. I heard from people who know you because now I know some of them.

But since you are looking at this, tell me. Surely if you arrange to have it in the borders, a ways from Edinburgh (it says you live there) and after the summer, and people even described it as a TSR party, you can understand why I thought it might be open to all TSR members, particularly those in Britain? It seemed like a reasonable assumption to me.

And of course, if people can go who you don't know or not, enjoy the booze!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending