The Current Year 13 Chat Thread Mark I 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
:yep: I could make one for your year 11 thread if you want:giggle:

Uh, maybe not for now but thanks. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph

I know:giggle: isn't it fun?!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by icecreamcake
OMG I have the same future plans as you! I'm very entrepreneurial too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice to see a like-minded individual :wink:
Original post by Aph
When do you find out?!

Tomorrow, hopefully! Or Monday at the latest. I'm on holiday and I get back to the UK tonight. I'm not going straight home though, which is where my results are
- although if I was I would definitely be opening them as soon as I got home, in the middle of the night! :lol:

I'm so nervous :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

What Subjects are you doing? French, Chemistry, Psychology, General Studies

What grades are you hoping for? A*A*A*A

Where are you hoping to go after year 13? University - Think I'm applying to Oxford, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Durham and Leeds (to study French)

What are your career goals? Not too sure yet

If you failed this year, would you resit? Hoping I won't fail!!

Tell us one interesting fact about yourself. I learnt to say the alphabet backwards aged 4

Post a picture of your exam timetable I haven't got it yet but have checked on the AQA site and these are my exam times:

Wed 8 June, 1.30pm Psychology PSYA3 Duration: 1h30m
Fri 10 June, 1.30pm General Studies GENA3 Duration: 2h
Tue 14 June, 9.00am French FREN3 Duration: 2h30m
Tue 14 June, 9.00am Psychology PSYA4 Duration: 2h
Tue 14 June, 1.30pm Chemistry CHEM4 Duration: 1h45m
Wed 15 June, 1.30pm General Studies GENA4 Duration: 2h
Wed 22 June, 9.00am Chemistry CHEM5 Duration: 1h45m

I'm now really stressing about Tuesday 14th June!!! French and Psychology clash so I'd have to do French first from 9am - 11.30am then straight away do Psychology from 11.30am - 1.30pm, then I have a Chemistry exam at 1.30pm - 3.15pm! 6 hours 15 minutes straight of exams?!?!?!?! Surely they would give me breaks in between???? That is going to be the most stressful day of my life!!!!
Reply 185
Original post by EmyJ14
Tomorrow, hopefully! Or Monday at the latest. I'm on holiday and I get back to the UK tonight. I'm not going straight home though, which is where my results are
- although if I was I would definitely be opening them as soon as I got home, in the middle of the night! :lol:

I'm so nervous :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck, let us know how it goes:h:

Original post by cherrycola98

What Subjects are you doing? French, Chemistry, Psychology, General Studies

Wed 8 June, 1.30pm Psychology PSYA3 Duration: 1h30m
Fri 10 June, 1.30pm General Studies GENA3 Duration: 2h
Tue 14 June, 9.00am French FREN3 Duration: 2h30m
Tue 14 June, 9.00am Psychology PSYA4 Duration: 2h
Tue 14 June, 1.30pm Chemistry CHEM4 Duration: 1h45m
Wed 15 June, 1.30pm General Studies GENA4 Duration: 2h
Wed 22 June, 9.00am Chemistry CHEM5 Duration: 1h45m

I'm now really stressing about Tuesday 14th June!!! French and Psychology clash so I'd have to do French first from 9am - 11.30am then straight away do Psychology from 11.30am - 1.30pm, then I have a Chemistry exam at 1.30pm - 3.15pm! 6 hours 15 minutes straight of exams?!?!?!?! Surely they would give me breaks in between???? That is going to be the most stressful day of my life!!!!

Yikes, depending on your schools policy they might keep you in overnight (maybe send you home with a teacher) and you'd sit chemistry 9:00am the day after
Original post by Aph
good luck, let us know how it goes:h:

Yikes, depending on your schools policy they might keep you in overnight (maybe send you home with a teacher) and you'd sit chemistry 9:00am the day after

Argh so stressful, I don't know whether doing them all in one day with breaks or going home with a teacher would be worse! I think it's because I have a slightly unusual subject combination - I mean how many people do French, Chem and Psychology? I'll definitely talk to my school about it though!
Reply 187
Argh so stressful, I don't know whether doing them all in one day with breaks or going home with a teacher would be worse! I think it's because I have a slightly unusual subject combination - I mean how many people do French, Chem and Psychology? I'll definitely talk to my school about it though!

I doubt you could fit it all in and have breaks at the same time. But I would definitely talk to your head of year and exams officer about it just to check.

Original post by Aph
I doubt you could fit it all in and have breaks at the same time. But I would definitely talk to your head of year and exams officer about it just to check.

I know people who have done 3 exams in one day sadly :frown:
Oh I didn't know we have to post our timetables :lol:

Coursework - 15th May

M1 - 8th June AM
History HIS3K (?) - 10th June AM
S1 - 15th June AM
LITA3 - 17th June AM
C3 - 21st June AM
C4 - 24th June AM

Good spread yano
Just found out my AS results- I got AAAAB, with the B in Italian, and As in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and French :biggrin:

I was three UMS marks off an A in Italian, which is a bit annoying! :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EmyJ14
Just found out my AS results- I got AAAAB, with the B in Italian, and As in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and French :biggrin:

I was three UMS marks off an A in Italian, which is a bit annoying! :s-smilie:

Well Done. :biggrin:
Original post by United1892
Well Done. :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:
How is everyone tonight? :smile:
How is everyone tonight? :smile:

A bit mixed -

Just found out that I have two exam clashes on two different days :frown: I do further maths, economics and Biology which is a weird combo.

But also really excited! I was doing some Cambridge college research and I think I might go for Catz! :biggrin: will go there for the open day in September to make sure though.

How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A bit mixed -

Just found out that I have two exam clashes on two different days :frown: I do further maths, economics and Biology which is a weird combo.

But also really excited! I was doing some Cambridge college research and I think I might go for Catz! :biggrin: will go there for the open day in September to make sure though.

How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's rough :frown: , I had one last year and got a U in the second exam i sat (It was pretty hard anyhow). My combo of French, History, Maths and Further Maths was pretty wierd last year as well :biggrin: .

Cambridge, must be doing better than me then :lol:

I'm good, pretty pleased my results mean I can drop French instead of Furrher Maths :biggrin: and I'm enjoying being able to be lazy for 3 more weeks :colone:
That's rough :frown: , I had one last year and got a U in the second exam i sat (It was pretty hard anyhow). My combo of French, History, Maths and Further Maths was pretty wierd last year as well :biggrin: .

Cambridge, must be doing better than me then :lol:

I'm good, pretty pleased my results mean I can drop French instead of Furrher Maths :biggrin: and I'm enjoying being able to be lazy for 3 more weeks :colone:

Haha probably not by much though! My ums isn't that high :/

And oh dear - I hope I don't get Us in 4 of my exams then!!! :'( very worried now eeek

I'm also thinking about Selwyn, Trinity and St John's - basically I keep on changing my mind xD

Are you doing anything in particular in the remaining weeks left? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha probably not by much though! My ums isn't that high :/

And oh dear - I hope I don't get Us in 4 of my exams then!!! :'( very worried now eeek

I'm also thinking about Selwyn, Trinity and St John's - basically I keep on changing my mind xD

Are you doing anything in particular in the remaining weeks left? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on ABBCC so I'm not doing that bad (the Cs are pretty low though)

I wouldnt to be honest, I got a B in the other one and I was probably going to get a U in Mechanics 2 whatever happened.

Never understood why Oxford and Cambridge have so many colleges, not only do you have to decide whether to go there you also have to choose a college :lol:

Not really, I'm going to watch Man Utd v Newcastle next Saturday and my birthdays on the 24th but other than that not much.
I'm on ABBCC so I'm not doing that bad (the Cs are pretty low though)

I wouldnt to be honest, I got a B in the other one and I was probably going to get a U in Mechanics 2 whatever happened.

Never understood why Oxford and Cambridge have so many colleges, not only do you have to decide whether to go there you also have to choose a college :lol:

Not really, I'm going to watch Man Utd v Newcastle next Saturday and my birthdays on the 24th but other than that not much.

Those are great grades! :smile:

Exactly! It takes so much time and it's so confusing! Plus I'm super indecisive which doesn't help :tongue:

A happy early birthday then!! :biggrin: :congrats::cracker::flower2::yay:(first time I'm using so many emoticon thingys lol)
Those are great grades! :smile:

Exactly! It takes so much time and it's so confusing! Plus I'm super indecisive which doesn't help :tongue:

A happy early birthday then!! :biggrin: :congrats::cracker::flower2::yay:(first time I'm using so many emoticon thingys lol)

Yeah, it would be very annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest