The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread Mark I 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

1. Art, Photography and Product Design (I attempted maths this year and THAT didn't end well :P )
2. Hopefully BBB!
3. So far, I love the look of Brighton uni, along with Northumbria, Oxford Brookes, Leeds and York St John :smile:
4. I'd love to be a Primary school teacher!
5. Nope. Pride thing :P
6. I can solve a rubiks cube in 1 and a half minutes.... Thats literally all I could think of :P
Hey I'm Emily :smile:
1. What subjects are you doing?
Government and politics, sociology and psychology (dropped philosophy and ethics)

2. What grades are you hoping for?
Well ideally A*AA

3. Where are you hoping to go after year 13?
Cambridge is the ultimate dream but if that doesn't work out, psychology at York is great

4. Career goals?
Something in family/child psychology

5. One interesting fact?
Umm I love the great British bake off 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Hey I'm Emily :smile:
1. What subjects are you doing?
Government and politics, sociology and psychology (dropped philosophy and ethics)

Well ideally A*AA

Cambridge is the ultimate dream but if that doesn't work out, psychology at York is great

4. Career goals?
Something in family/child psychology

5. One interesting fact?
Umm I love the great British bake off 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, we have the same name :five:

I like Great British Bake Off too- how are you finding this series so far? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmyJ14

I like Great British Bake Off too- how are you finding this series so far? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weirdly enough I'm watching it now again from Wednesday haha
I love every series and I love this one, I thought it was slow going but now all the bakers seem to be more comfortable with one another so it's a lot better 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmyJ14

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love every series and I love this one, I thought it was slow going but now all the bakers seem to be more comfortable with one another so it's a lot better 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why on Earth do you like the Great British Bake Off. It's literally some people baking cakes.
Original post by United1892
Why on Earth do you like the Great British Bake Off. It's literally some people baking cakes.

That's just the same as saying "why do people watch football, it's just people kicking a ball"
People are allowed to like what they like jeez

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmyJ14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg yay bake-off fans!! Who's your favourite contestant (I know it's a bit early in the series to pick favourites already)? :tongue:
That's just the same as saying "why do people watch football, it's just people kicking a ball"
People are allowed to like what they like jeez

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because football is a lot more than just kicking a ball.
I was just curious.
Reply 368

:banned:

:angry:
What are you the thought police?
Original post by icecreamcake
Omg yay bake-off fans!! Who's your favourite contestant (I know it's a bit early in the series to pick favourites already)? :tongue:

Ooh well I like Nadiya and Tamal but I also like Flora so I have a couple of favourites haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 371
:angry:
What are you the thought police?

Speaking back to the thought police eh? Sounds like someone needs a black card:tongue:
Original post by Aph
Speaking back to the thought police eh? Sounds like someone needs a black card:tongue:

I withdraw my comment :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I missed the first two episodes :eek: And I've been meaning to catch up on them but I've been quite busy... I think they're still on iPlayer though :tongue:

Original post by icecreamcake

I quite like Ian so far :tongue: What about you?
Hey guys,
I'm taking biology, chemistry, and business studies, without me knowing my friend also enrolled for the same A2 subjects as me, does that mean that we will be in the same classes?
What subjects are you doing?
Spanish, English Literature and History.

AAA ideally, but more likely AAB. I'd be happy with either.

University- Bath, Dundee, Nottingham?, Birmingham, Aberdeen or Strathclyde.
4. Career goals?

My dream job would be to work for the European Union in one of the institutions in the area of foreign affairs. However, any job involving my Spanish/German/English communication skills with travelling and the ability to learn other languages would be brilliant, ideally in the area of foreign affairs. I'd also like to go back to Germany to work.
5. One interesting fact?
I grew up bilingually, so I speak both English and German to fluent levels.
1. English Literature, English Language, Media Studies and I'm taking up EPQ
2. A*AB is it realistically, but I'd hope for A*A*A* :colondollar:
3. I have no idea. I'm having such a panic about deciding courses and unis :/
4. A storyteller of some kind
5. Depends if I got into my chosen unis or not
6. Uhh. I like writing screenplays?
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm technically year 14 but I'm doing A2 again so I'll join in!

What Subjects are you doing?
Just Biology and Chemistry. I've done Psychology and General Studies.

What grades are you hoping for?
AA in Biology and Chemistry. I've already got 2 A*s in Psychology and General Studies.

Where are you hoping to go after year 13?
Hopefully university to study Neuroscience and pick up Russian. If not, I'd like to travel the world for a bit.

What are your career goals?
I'd like to go into academic research relating to neuroscience and drugs, so ideally neuropharmacology.

If you failed this year, would you resit?
I wish I could but I can't seen as this is my last chance after I dropped out in April haha.

Tell us one interesting fact about yourself.
I have a half sleeve of tattoos currently.

Post a picture of your exam timetable (look in the last expand tag)
I don't even know my exam timetable:K:
Reply 378
@smozsolution you can create your exam timetable via the links in the last expand tag:smile:
Reply 379
1. Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Maths
2. A* A* A* A, not necessarily in that order
3. Applying for medicine at Oxford, Edinburgh, Bristol and Aberdeen
4. To become a doctor
5. Don't want to entertain the possibility :biggrin:
6. I'm a fan of heavy metal but not one of them crazy headbangers :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Quick Reply

Latest