The Student Room Group

Rejected for having a B in english GCSE not an A despite having all distinctions

I took on an access course with the hopes of going to Manchester..knowing I needed 40 distinctions I achieved 45..only to be done over by my GCSE grades where the uni wanted an A in English Language and I got a B..and they wanted a B in Maths and I got a C. My mistake for not seeing this on their website before but seeing as English Lit was in my access course I hardly expected them to reject me on the grounds of GCSE's after achieving more distinctions in access than they asked for. Similar situation lead me to also be rejected by Sheffield. Do you think I should ring them again and basically beg or is that it? I've recieved another offer from the University of Law and awaiting response from reading.
Original post by noirblush
I took on an access course with the hopes of going to Manchester..knowing I needed 40 distinctions I achieved 45..only to be done over by my GCSE grades where the uni wanted an A in English Language and I got a B..and they wanted a B in Maths and I got a C. My mistake for not seeing this on their website before but seeing as English Lit was in my access course I hardly expected them to reject me on the grounds of GCSE's after achieving more distinctions in access than they asked for. Similar situation lead me to also be rejected by Sheffield. Do you think I should ring them again and basically beg or is that it? I've recieved another offer from the University of Law and awaiting response from reading.

I'm afraid universities aren't really flexible on these GCSE requirements so begging would do nothing. You could have multiple A*s at A level and you'd still be rejected. Your only option would be to redo those GCSEs or apply somewhere where you meet the GCSE requirements :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
thankyou..it's so annoying because if i had've realised i could've re taken these whilst doing my access course. Oh well. I have the option to go to Manchester at the university of law and i'm praying I get reading too. Shame that unis seem to be more flexible on your college grades than GCSE ones :frown:

Original post by Changing Skies
I'm afraid universities aren't really flexible on these GCSE requirements so begging would do nothing. You could have multiple A*s at A level and you'd still be rejected. Your only option would be to redo those GCSEs or apply somewhere where you meet the GCSE requirements :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noirblush
thankyou..it's so annoying because if i had've realised i could've re taken these whilst doing my access course. Oh well. I have the option to go to Manchester at the university of law and i'm praying I get reading too. Shame that unis seem to be more flexible on your college grades than GCSE ones :frown:

Ah that's very frustrating :frown: well I hope it works out for you :smile: and yeah it is a bit ridiculous to be honest :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thankyou :smile: at least I have options and the worst that can happen is I go next year instead

Original post by Changing Skies
Ah that's very frustrating :frown: well I hope it works out for you :smile: and yeah it is a bit ridiculous to be honest :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending