The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

urgent help glasgow vs strathclyde

I first applied for joint honours psychology and business and management at university of Glasgow. But i did not meet the offer, but the university is offering me single honours business and management. My heart was set at joint honours.

Secondly, i met my insurance Strathclyde for joint honours hr and psychology but accreditation of BPS will only be given if i do single honours from 3rd year onwards. I am confused.....SIMPLY TELL....

BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT AT GLASGOW OR PSYCHOLOGY AT STRATHCLYDE?
Original post by Haris Tariq
I first applied for joint honours psychology and business and management at university of Glasgow. But i did not meet the offer, but the university is offering me single honours business and management. My heart was set at joint honours.

Secondly, i met my insurance Strathclyde for joint honours hr and psychology but accreditation of BPS will only be given if i do single honours from 3rd year onwards. I am confused.....SIMPLY TELL....

My friend did this but I am honestly not sure if this is exactly what she did... Could you not take up Business Management at the University of Glasgow, then take enough Psychology modules to allow you to complete a year accredited Psychology conversion course at Glasgow once you graduate? I remember her going on about needing 60 credits for the Conversion course or something... :s-smilie:

It is a long shot, but if I am right I would take the Psychology conversion route at Glasgow. But that is just me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Reformed2010
My friend did this but I am honestly not sure if this is exactly what she did... Could you not take up Business Management at the University of Glasgow, then take enough Psychology modules to allow you to complete a year accredited Psychology conversion course at Glasgow once you graduate? I remember her going on about needing 60 credits for the Conversion course or something... :s-smilie:

It is a long shot, but if I am right I would take the Psychology conversion route at Glasgow. But that is just me.

I have heard that at glasgow we learn 3 subjects in first 2 years and among those 3 we take 1 of them to 3rd and 4rth year as honours....i can take psychology i guess...even some people choose joint or single honours in 3rd year...but i am not sure....just confused, could you ask someone?
I have heard that at glasgow we learn 3 subjects in first 2 years and among those 3 we take 1 of them to 3rd and 4rth year as honours....i can take psychology i guess...even some people choose joint or single honours in 3rd year...but i am not sure....just confused, could you ask someone?
Just phone up the department of Psychology, much quicker. In this situation better to get the facts.
Reply 4
Original post by Reformed2010
Just phone up the department of Psychology, much quicker. In this situation better to get the facts.

Thanks this is a good suggestion
At Glasgow, you'll take 3 courses for first and second year. You could for example, take Business & Management, Psychology and Whatever other subject you fancy in year one. In year two, if you continued with Psychology alongside your main Business & Management degree, you'd have to pick statistics too so for second year you'd take B&M, Psychology & Statistics, after that, in third year, you could still apply to do a joint honours, or switch your degree to Psychology provided you're grades are good enough.

It's worth mentioning that Psychology at Glasgow is rated one of the best in the UK (ranked second I think), it's extremely competitive and our of the 300 or so students that start off Psychology in first year, only about 90 make it to honours!

In any case, I'd recommend Glasgow over Strathclyde every day of the week.
Reply 6
Original post by pmc:producer
At Glasgow, you'll take 3 courses for first and second year. You could for example, take Business & Management, Psychology and Whatever other subject you fancy in year one. In year two, if you continued with Psychology alongside your main Business & Management degree, you'd have to pick statistics too so for second year you'd take B&M, Psychology & Statistics, after that, in third year, you could still apply to do a joint honours, or switch your degree to Psychology provided you're grades are good enough.

It's worth mentioning that Psychology at Glasgow is rated one of the best in the UK (ranked second I think), it's extremely competitive and our of the 300 or so students that start off Psychology in first year, only about 90 make it to honours!

In any case, I'd recommend Glasgow over Strathclyde every day of the week.

Thank you but before i read your post, i have confirmed my place at Strathclyde. Hope that works in my favour.
Thank you but before i read your post, i have confirmed my place at Strathclyde. Hope that works in my favour.

I'm sure it will. Best of luck.
Reply 8
Original post by pmc:producer
I'm sure it will. Best of luck.

Thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by snowfall12

Hi, I know this was posted quite a while ago but I have to make the same decision regarding which uni to go to Strathclyde or Glasgow, how were the teachers for the Psychology course were they helpful to people struggling with the course?. A reply would be much appreciated and any advice would be great, thank you
Original post by zha__
Hi, I know this was posted quite a while ago but I have to make the same decision regarding which uni to go to Strathclyde or Glasgow, how were the teachers for the Psychology course were they helpful to people struggling with the course?. A reply would be much appreciated and any advice would be great, thank you

Hey @zha__ :biggrin: So glad to hear you're considering studying with us! Is it next year you'd be starting your studies?

Feel free to drop me a mesage any time if I can help with anything :smile: It might also be useful to chat to our student ambassadors on Unibuddy- our ambassador Laura has studied her undergraduate Psychology and also a Masters degree with us so will have really good insight in to the department and its staff. If you're applying for study in 2022 then you still have loads of time to make your decision and if you receive an offer you'll be invited along to our applicant events that will hopefully help make your decision as well so don't worry about making a concrete decision just now.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending