The Student Room Group

How do I get the biggest room in my house?

Basically there is an amazing room at the top of my house and I really want it. Its a house of 5 boys and 2 aren't bothered really which room they get but I sense the other two (and obviously me) want the top room. I can't stress how much I need this room. I've heard all the bull**** ways of picking rooms i.e. pulling straws etc etc. I need a strategy, some sort of economic algorithm that can assure me the top room. How can I manipulate their mind's into giving me the top room? Surely there is some sort of game theory or something that can allow me a better advantage - surely? If it got to the stage where we had to debate for the room could I pull out the girlfriend card? I mean it basically means I am going to have a second person in there more often than not hence why I need the extra space.

Please someone help - I need this room.
If it's that important to you then offer to pay more?
Say 'I'm happy to pay extra, I would like the bigger room for reasons x y z. If anyone else really wants it too I'm happy to discuss this and try to come to a fair solution'.
'shotgun' the room.

get there early and unpack everything.
pee on it and mark your territory
Reply 5
Offer to pay more money for it.
If you want the room that much then you should pay more. Having a girlfriend is not a reason to get the biggest room. Also, generally you should be at your girlfriend's place about the same amount she's at yours because otherwise you're being unfair to your housemates.
Original post by PatBateman
Basically there is an amazing room at the top of my house and I really want it. Its a house of 5 boys and 2 aren't bothered really which room they get but I sense the other two (and obviously me) want the top room. I can't stress how much I need this room. I've heard all the bull**** ways of picking rooms i.e. pulling straws etc etc. I need a strategy, some sort of economic algorithm that can assure me the top room. How can I manipulate their mind's into giving me the top room? Surely there is some sort of game theory or something that can allow me a better advantage - surely? If it got to the stage where we had to debate for the room could I pull out the girlfriend card? I mean it basically means I am going to have a second person in there more often than not hence why I need the extra space.

Please someone help - I need this room.

Whoever gets top pays more, also did you all put the same effort into getting the place, cuz if someone contrivuted more and is happy to pay extra then thats only fair?

Also the gf excuse isn't good that's just your baggage put onto others and I doubt they'd want to hear you'll wrestling on the top floor

Latest

Trending

Trending