The Student Room Group

This house is killing me

Ok, theres a lot of bad housemate stories and mine might not seem too bad to you but PLEASE hear me out. I'm going start from the beginning.

Started the contract in July, didn't move in till October. I didn't know who my housemates were before I moved in because it was rushed *BIGGEST REGRET*.

Turns out they are all Chinese international students, which isn't bad except for the fact that they literally only speak Chinese to each other. They CAN speak English but just dont even if I'm in the room. I can tell they speak about me sometimes because e.g. I had bought McDonalds then I hear "......MCDONALDS......" like really bruh.

Ok so I don't really talk to them that's ok for me at this point. BUT They leave the kitchen so f**king HORRIBLE, the microwave is so filthy there is dried porridge and whatever in it, and I'm sorry but I refuse to clean it, and I'm not brave enough to tell them to clean their **** up.

They STOMP STOMP STOMP, I didn't decide my room, they literally said "Oh yh thats ur room." So I'm downstairs and they literally just STOMPPPPPP!

They have the loudest sex ever! (When they bring ppl over, & there's a couple in here).

They do gatherings on Friday nights or special events, and cook meals together, and are so loud. I also feel like **** when they do this cus it's like all of them in the kitchen enjoying themselves and I'm just in my room like...... Like for e.g. the other day was one of theirsbday and they surprised that person at 12am singing happy bday (and didn't go to bed till like 3am). THANKS FOR THE INVITE GUYS.

*TLDR*: (cus this is the main point)
AND THE FINAL STRAW GUYS:
OK! There's one British guy living here lets call him Sam, he lokwey hates them and is racist (e.g. he'll say to me them f**king ch**ks are so loud etc etc) but they're all chummy with him as they don't know. He constantly eats other people's food and then will tell me.

One day he eats Rob's (not actually called rob) food, and then Rob asks in the GC who did it, I don't see the message till much later, and don't answer cus he asked this like at 9am issa bit late for an answer and I don't even talk to him like... at all.

Sam (who actually ate his food) tells me weeks later that Rob bought WATERMELON, then rubbed it in RAW CHICKEN. Then told everyone in the house not to eat it because he thinks that I WILL!

Sam's like "hahahahe he must've bought watermelon cus ur black"

I'm not overreacting here but he's trying to kill me right?

I can't even move out till JUNE.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
(edited 3 years ago)
That's not even funny that he did that with the raw chicken. He was trying to poison you. I'd honestly consider reporting him to the police for this. Even if no action is taken they can at least make a note of it and if he does something worse to someone else they can nick him for it. Also, as I'm sure you're already doing, try to get out of there asap. Good luck!
Does anyone know if this was reported to the police? I keep getting notifications about this thread but have seen nothing to say it has actually been reported or that the OP has been able to leave?
Unless it's student accomodation and theres a free room you can move into - theres nothing u can do.

You could kick up a fuss but they'll band together against you. Just try and deal with it and you know what, dont try and please these people, dont be scared to tell 'em they are disgusting.

It's almost April so you'll be out in no time. Put some headphones on until then (srs).
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if this was reported to the police? I keep getting notifications about this thread but have seen nothing to say it has actually been reported or that the OP has been able to leave?

idk if you guys are still around but hi it is I, OP. I didn't report this to the police (even though my mum insisted) I instead waited in the kitchen at night until he showed up, turned my camera on and confronted him.

I was like "I don't eat anyone's food and I also didn't eat that trap you laid out for me with the watermelon and raw chicken" and he was like "oh yeah dont worry i know." A week or so after that Sam tells me he's pissed because someone in the house told me what he had done.

Leaving that house was the best thing that ever happened to me, I wouldn't go in the kitchen if they were there, I'd just sit in my room hungry till they left, I lost soooo much weight. When I was leaving, funnily enough after seeing me and my dad struggle to move all my **** into the car with no offer to help, Rob is the one who said bye to me. I never want to see any of them ever again in my entire life.
Original post by planettearth
Ok, theres a lot of bad housemate stories and mine might not seem too bad to you but PLEASE hear me out. I'm going start from the beginning.

Started the contract in July, didn't move in till October. I didn't know who my housemates were before I moved in because it was rushed *BIGGEST REGRET*.

Turns out they are all Chinese international students, which isn't bad except for the fact that they literally only speak Chinese to each other. They CAN speak English but just dont even if I'm in the room. I can tell they speak about me sometimes because e.g. I had bought McDonalds then I hear "......MCDONALDS......" like really bruh.

Ok so I don't really talk to them that's ok for me at this point. BUT They leave the kitchen so f**king HORRIBLE, the microwave is so filthy there is dried porridge and whatever in it, and I'm sorry but I refuse to clean it, and I'm not brave enough to tell them to clean their **** up.

They STOMP STOMP STOMP, I didn't decide my room, they literally said "Oh yh thats ur room." So I'm downstairs and they literally just STOMPPPPPP!

They have the loudest sex ever! (When they bring ppl over, & there's a couple in here).

They do gatherings on Friday nights or special events, and cook meals together, and are so loud. I also feel like **** when they do this cus it's like all of them in the kitchen enjoying themselves and I'm just in my room like...... Like for e.g. the other day was one of theirsbday and they surprised that person at 12am singing happy bday (and didn't go to bed till like 3am). THANKS FOR THE INVITE GUYS.

OK! There's one British guy living here lets call him Sam, he lokwey hates them and is racist (e.g. he'll say to me them f**king chinks are so loud etc etc) but they're all chummy with him. He constantly eats other people's food and then will tell me.

One day he eats Rob's (not actually called rob) food, and then Rob asks in the GC who did it, I don't see the message till much later, and don't answer cus he asked this like at 9am issa bit late for an answer and I don't even talk to him like... at all.

Sam (who actually ate his food) tells me weeks later that Rob bought WATERMELON, then rubbed it in RAW CHICKEN. Then told everyone in the house not to eat it because he thinks that I WILL!

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

You moved in on July and its only August. This cannot go on. You need to have it out with your flatmates. Talk to the Chinese students - preferably 1 to 1 so that you remain calm and they are forced to speak to you in English. Be firm, as you have done in your message, explain the things that are annoying you. You have rights too. Dont expect to be invited to their birthday gatherings but they need to understand that celebrating at 12 midnight is not acceptable.

Regarding the watermelon incident - speak to the chap advising that you did not eat his food and that if he has a problem with you then he should come to you directly instead of acting in such a purile way. Be firm from the start or your life will be Hell.
Reply 6
Original post by planettearth

OK! There's one British guy living here lets call him Sam, he lokwey hates them and is racist (e.g. he'll say to me them f**king ch**ks are so loud etc etc) but they're all chummy with him as they don't know. He constantly eats other people's food and then will tell me.

Thanks for

You are just jealous of them because you do not have anyone to have sex with🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending