The Student Room Group

Unite Accomodation

So my first choice accomodation is Unite run and newly built, we are yet to receive our offers yet but I've read a few bad reviews about the company so am slightly worried! Anyone with experience of them or who has heard about them, are they as bad as some people have made out or is there nothing to worry about? Thanks!
they;re not as good as normal halls but they're okay. just make sure you look after your room and take pictures if needed of everything in the room when you move in so that they cant shake you down at the end of the year for a stain that was already there when you moved in.
the thing i hated about mine was the fact they used key cards instead of keys. seems like a small thing right? but it felt like i was living in a travel lodge or cheap hotel. Theres something about a set of keys that is more homely than a key card
Reply 3
Original post by sqwertylol
the thing i hated about mine was the fact they used key cards instead of keys. seems like a small thing right? but it felt like i was living in a travel lodge or cheap hotel. Theres something about a set of keys that is more homely than a key card

Ahh yeah I get what you mean, I'd prefer a set of keys! Was it very sociable to live with them?
Original post by Annabellelnp
Ahh yeah I get what you mean, I'd prefer a set of keys! Was it very sociable to live with them?

yeh relatively. my flat mates weren't the best which ruined it a bit. if I had got good flat mates it would have been great. that matters more than accommodation to be honest. most accommodation is very similar really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
yeh relatively. my flat mates weren't the best which ruined it a bit. if I had got good flat mates it would have been great. that matters more than accommodation to be honest. most accommodation is very similar really.

Yeah I'm just hoping for good people haha. How come your flat mates weren't great?? Were you living in cluster flats by the way?
Yeah I'm just hoping for good people haha. How come your flat mates weren't great?? Were you living in cluster flats by the way?

whats cluster flats? they were mostly private school and had very little social lives. some had never been out to a bar/club.
Reply 7
whats cluster flats? they were mostly private school and had very little social lives. some had never been out to a bar/club.

That's just what my ones are described as on the website aha. Ahh that sucks! Apparently a lot of private schooled people go to my uni as well but hopefully they won't be too bad!
That's just what my ones are described as on the website aha. Ahh that sucks! Apparently a lot of private schooled people go to my uni as well but hopefully they won't be too bad!

mine had lots of flats so i guess thats cluster. which uni?
Reply 9
mine had lots of flats so i guess thats cluster. which uni?

Bristol Uni! Where did you go?
Bristol Uni! Where did you go?

lol yeh was bristol. waverley house
lol yeh was bristol. waverley house

Haha weird! Haven't got my offer yet but I applied to Orchard Heights as first choice which is Unite run and newly built, The Courtrooms as second choice, which is run by Student Housing Company then Unite House which I really don't want to go to haha
oh yeah orchard heights is right next to the o2 academy. unite house is near that too. unite house is ok i think. quite big.
oh yeah orchard heights is right next to the o2 academy. unite house is near that too. unite house is ok i think. quite big.

Ahh do you think that's a good or bad thing aha? Yeah hopefully if I end up going it'll be okay, just read some bad things about it! Are you still at Bristol?
Ahh do you think that's a good or bad thing aha? Yeah hopefully if I end up going it'll be okay, just read some bad things about it! Are you still at Bristol?

na i left i didnt like the course. im doing a different course at different uni starting in september. The location is good for going out and not bad for getting to uni in the morning etc. i wouldnt worry about what you read. just assess it when you get there.

Hiya, did you end up in the Unite building? How did you find it? They are building a new one at Portsmouth this year which I'm booking a studio in. I've heard mixed reviews, and whilst 90% of the bad reviews are because people couldn't pay their rent, there were still a few issues. How was it for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending