The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer assistance

Hi there,

I applied at Northumbria Uni for a course in which I was first given a conditional offer (I had to meet their requirements like specific ucas points + c in maths and english).

The thing is, I checked on the ucas tracker and it showed that my offer was changed to an unconditional 2 days before the a-level results came in (confused about this) and after the results came in I got a much higher ucas points than their expected however just today my maths and english gcse results came and I still have a D.

My question is do I have to worry anymore now that I have a unconditional offer that was offered 2 days before a-level results came in? because on ucas track is shows that my place has been fully confirmed

Thanks
Original post by Kev1997
Hi there,

I applied at Northumbria Uni for a course in which I was first given a conditional offer (I had to meet their requirements like specific ucas points + c in maths and english).

The thing is, I checked on the ucas tracker and it showed that my offer was changed to an unconditional 2 days before the a-level results came in (confused about this) and after the results came in I got a much higher ucas points than their expected however just today my maths and english gcse results came and I still have a D.

My question is do I have to worry anymore now that I have a unconditional offer that was offered 2 days before a-level results came in? because on ucas track is shows that my place has been fully confirmed

Thanks

Uni's get your grades roughly a week before results day, this may be why it changed early. If your offer is still showing as unconditional, then, I think you're fine :smile: Feel free to contact your university if you're not sure
Reply 2
Original post by Connor_C97
Uni's get your grades roughly a week before results day, this may be why it changed early. If your offer is still showing as unconditional, then, I think you're fine :smile: Feel free to contact your university if you're not sure

Thanks Connor, I'm scared to contact the UNI now just in-case they change the offer lol
Original post by Kev1997
Thanks Connor, I'm scared to contact the UNI now just in-case they change the offer lol

Usually, once it's offered, they can't retract it - it's a legal obligation.

I am fairly sure that they did mean to offer you the place though :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Connor_C97
Usually, once it's offered, they can't retract it - it's a legal obligation.

I am fairly sure that they did mean to offer you the place though :biggrin:

I love you Connor! (no homo) lol

Thanks so much
Original post by Kev1997

Hi Kev,

Yeah exactly like Connor says - they can't take the offer back if they've changed it to unconditional and believe me it won't be a mistake (they are very thorough when it comes to admissions at any university!)

- Kath :smile:.
Reply 6
Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador
Hi Kev,

Yeah exactly like Connor says - they can't take the offer back if they've changed it to unconditional and believe me it won't be a mistake (they are very thorough when it comes to admissions at any university!)

- Kath :smile:.

Sweet, thanks Kath!
Original post by Kev1997
I love you Connor! (no homo) lol

Thanks so much

I'm happy to help!

(No need for the "no homo" btw :biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending