The Student Room Group

Is Journalism or Business Management more employable?

Which is the more employable degree? I have until tomorrow to confirm my clearing place.

V SCARED & NERVOUS TBH.
Original post by Carl1234
Which is the more employable degree? I have until tomorrow to confirm my clearing place.

V SCARED & NERVOUS TBH.

Hi Carl,

I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer - they are both employable and highly competitive.

Choose what one you are more interested in - the likelihood of you succeeding at uni, is that you have to really love your course. Most people make the mistake of coming just to get a job that pays well; in most cases, people just don't show up because their lectures are 'boring'. Therefore being less motivated to do well and resulting in a poor degree grade and no well paid job!

Hope this helps you!!
- Kath :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Personally, I would say Business Management since businesses are constantly growing these days - you can easily make a business and stuff and earn money.

Journalism on the other side = people hardly read newspapers / watch news these days - it's all about computer these days so it can be hard to get a job in this field since there are quite a lot of people (also in News channels, you always see the same news reporters) infact forget it, I don't even know what I am saying now.

But this is just my opinion!
Reply 3
Journalism is not MASSIVELY employable. Most journalists don't study journalism. Even english would be more helpful with journalism work experience. I would say business...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending