The Student Room Group

Maintenance loans paid to me after I move in

Hi my first maintanance loan drops on the 22nd of September

I enroll on the 14th of september, i have to apply for accomodarion by the 1st of september but i come from a very low income fanily, i wont be able to pay the deposit until i get my student loan

My banks overdraft doesnt even cover it because they only give me a large over draft when student finance eventually pay into my account

I really dont lnow what to do, i thought that they paid u a few weeks before u enroll, this is ridicuous id have to travel 2 hours there and back everyday to uni i cant i need help
Yeah i cant afford the deposit neither, i only live with only my mum at the moment, i havent got a job at the moment, so it would be extremely difficult for us to commit the amount of deposit im required to pay (£350)

Would unis be lenient at this stage and maybe pardon or wait for me to pay them at a later date? Its the only option i have

*apologies for bad spelling/grammar, on mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Throwaway96dec
Yeah i cant afford the deposit neither, i only live with only my mum at the moment, i havent got a job at the moment, so it would be extremely difficult for us to commit the amount of deposit im required to pay (£350)

Would unis be lenient at this stage and maybe pardon or wait for me to pay them at a later date? Its the only option i have

Are you able to get a student overdraft?
Use your overdraft.
Im with santander, theyve only given me a £250 overdraft ubtil i get paid by student finance which then they will increass by £1500
Reply 5
check how much the deposit is first and then sort something out with your mum.

maybe you can pay with your overdraft and maybe she could try to give like £50-100 and youll pay her back when you get student loan or something.
Original post by Throwaway96dec

You would need to email the uni and see, some will be, some won't be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending