The Student Room Group

Can two students from the same sixth form both get into the same oxford college?

Can't remember where I heard this but apparently an oxford college doesn't accept two students from the same sixth form? Is this true or not? Thanks
Reply 1
Not true.
My sixth form doesn't allow people to apply to the same college, but I see no reason why it would be true?
LOOL I've no idea why your sixth form would say that.

9 girls applied in my sixth form, 3 applied to Pembroke and all of them got in.
Reply 4
Might not be a good idea to apply to the same college if you are going for the same course (you would be in direct competition with each other). But for different courses it would be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by longsightdon
Can't remember where I heard this but apparently an oxford college doesn't accept two students from the same sixth form? Is this true or not? Thanks

Not true. Eton, Westminster, and Hills Road would have something to say about it if that were the case.
Not true - there's 4 people in my year at Univ from the same sixth.
Original post by longsightdon

It's not true. However, I am aware that some schools don't allow two or more of their students to apply to the same college for the same course which might be where the confusion comes from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending