The Student Room Group

Need advice on an interview at college for the access course ASAP!

I have an interview tomorrow at a college and i'm looking to apply to the access to humanities course.
I'm panicking and I really need advice!!!!
Help a person out, would you? :frown:
why do you want to apply to this course?
Reply 2
Original post by believeteam23
why do you want to apply to this course?

LOL I wasn't expecting this question at all but ok.
I went to do sciences at A level but then I decided it wasn't for me.
I'm 19 now and I want to do Journalism or English Literature at University.
So yeah.
Some of the access to teaching courses include English lit (and language) so don't be surprised if they sway you towards a different access pathway with that response.
My interview didn't really include questions as such, it was all rather informal. In fact I went in applying to do access to humanities and came out enrolled on access to teaching (I'm starting a history degree next month but want to teach eventually so the access provided the foundation for that too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview session (for Access Humanities) consisted of some English reading & writing tasks, plus what was basically an informal chat with the lead tutor. It was fairly straightforward, but make sure you can demonstrate that you're fully committed to the course and that your personal circumstances will allow you to manage the workload...oh, and don't do what one guy did on my session and get all uppity when he was asked to read a few paragraphs of some written material out loud! He refused to do so - no great surprise that he didn't get offered a place on the course :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending