The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance or Biomedical science

wanted to know which one people would pick out of the two and i know they are very different to each other
Which has better job prospects and which is more enjoyable bearing in mind I will graduate in 4/5 years.
I will be applying for university soon and I'm stuck on which one to choose I do both maths and biology at A level and enjoy them both.
Are there any jobs available for either right now or are they both deteriorating?
If anyone has studied either, what modules did you study? and were they really different to A level.
Reply 1
Firstly, Accounting and Finance surprisingly doesn't actually have much Maths. I want to purse this too and having talked to numerous admission tutors and they have told me this and I was scohled when they said Economics would have more. So enjoying A level maths doesn't mean you'll enjoy this as a lot of it is basic number work. However, having A level Maths wil put you in such a strong position if you want to do A+F. Careers wise it's very good too. Accountants will always be needed and with this degree you can also work in the financial sector and become a banker, investment banker ect so there are many options and all of these roles will always be needed in the future.
Go accounting. Biomed is mostly dull lab work with mediocre pay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending