The Student Room Group

What degrees can I do?

I've just finished AS geography, psychology, biology and chemistry (AABD).
I'm dropping chemistry for A2, I'd originally planned to do medicine but now it's a bit of an unrealistic goal hahaha, I was thinking of doing biomed but a majority of unis ask for A2 chem so that's out of the bag... any suggestions on what other degrees I should have a look into? I like science and geography stuff.
Are you going to retake Chem at AS? Pretty sure like... 90% of science courses need you to have at least a B in AS if you don't offer Chem at A2..

You should probably look more into the geog route with your Chem grade.
To be a competitive biomed applicant at the best Unis you would probably need higher Bio and Chem grades, but you would make a viable Geography applicant! If you wanted to apply to non RG unis you could still go ahead with biomed, it depends on where you want to go :smile: You could probably do single Biology or neuroscience too, and maybe experimental psych?
The Barts and the London school of medicine and dentistry is historically one of the most prestigious places to study medical sciences.

Barts recently merged with Queen Mary, University of London and offer B.Sc. Global Health.

With modules such as..

- Social determinants of health
- International politics of global health
- Globalisation and health systems
- The politics and geographies of public health

You could work at the Department for Health, H.M. Government, big multi-national companies like McDonalds..

Writing for newspapers, magazines and books such as..
Agriculture would be good.

Royal Agricultural College offers B.Sc. Food Production and Supply Management.

Companies such as Cargill International transporting the world's rice, sugar etc.

Biology and chemistry would be good as food can go off during transport.
AAB at A2 is still really good!

University College London has B.Sc. Science and Society

Imperial College London has M.Sc. Science Media Production

You could work at New Scientist magazine

or for a researcher for BBC Science
King's College London and the School of Oriental and African Studies do dual degrees as they are joined by one road and a 5 minute bus journey.

B.A. Geography (KCL) joint with B.A. Social Anthropology (SOAS).

- Geographical Foundations: the making of the modern world
- The Changing Natural Environment
- Ecological and Cultural Biogeography
- Global Political Ecology
- Introduction to Social Anthropology
- Social Theory

The link to King's College London dept of Geography

You could then go over to UCL for their M.A. Ethnographic and Documentary Film

Work for BBC Science, National Geographic..

Quick Reply

Latest