The Student Room Group

Do I need prior knowledge of business or management to study it at University?

I am strongly considering studying Business/Management at a University such as Bath, LSE or Durham. However, my A levels are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography. Would this cause me to struggle if I studied it at Uni? And if so, is there anything I can do to get some basic knowledge of the subject first?
Reply 1
Original post by jessb123
I am strongly considering studying Business/Management at a University such as Bath, LSE or Durham. However, my A levels are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography. Would this cause me to struggle if I studied it at Uni? And if so, is there anything I can do to get some basic knowledge of the subject first?

They are the type of A-levels you should be doing to get into those universities, especially LSE. They even state they do not really like business studies, accounting etc as much as A-levels like maths, history etc.

I would say though that I have heard LSE like further maths a lot.
Reply 2
Funny I am in the exact same situation! I want to do International Business and modern languages at Strathclyde but I did Maths, English,Biology, Chemistry and German....They don't do German. I'm hoping I still have a chance to get in because I got AAAAB (The B being in English)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending