The Student Room Group

Laptop

I'm going to Bath to do accounting and finance and I need a new laptop, does the laptop need to do anything special. also does anyone take laptops into lectures or does everyone write stuff down
Accounting and finance is not a course you should be taking notes on a laptop for. So much so that certain members of accounting staff at my uni won't even allow anyone to take notes on a laptop because they don't believe it's a useful way to take notes for the course - having completed two years of my accounting and finance course so far, I completely agree. I was like you, wanted to take notes on my laptop and by week 2 or 3 I realised it just wasn't going to be the best way to do it. Traditional paper notes all the way!

As long as your laptop has excel* on it, you're golden :smile:.

Edit: *for coursework
Original post by GoingToBurst
Accounting and finance is not a course you should be taking notes on a laptop for. So much so that certain members of accounting staff at my uni won't even allow anyone to take notes on a laptop because they don't believe it's a useful way to take notes for the course - having completed two years of my accounting and finance course so far, I completely agree. I was like you, wanted to take notes on my laptop and by week 2 or 3 I realised it just wasn't going to be the best way to do it. Traditional paper notes all the way!

As long as your laptop has excel* on it, you're golden :smile:.

Edit: *for coursework

Thanks,I was worried about buying a laptop, then having to buy another because I needed one that did special things
Original post by Pineappleheadish
Thanks,I was worried about buying a laptop, then having to buy another because I needed one that did special things

no not at all :smile:. you may have sage workshops etc but they will be on campus computers :smile:
But you will still need one for course work so get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Taking lecture notes on a laptop or notebook is normal if that what works for you. Some people prefer handwriting, some record them on dictaphones and either listen back or transcribe them later.

Basically, do whatever works for you as long as it doesn't disturb anyone in the lecture. Try to resist the lure of the internet. I can tell you from experience, that sitting behind someone who's playing WoW is distracting and annoying!
Reply 6
I have not ever seen anyone take their laptop into seminars, but if that is what works for you then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending