The Student Room Group

Old crushes... 'just what was I thinking'?!

Do you ever get this where you were practically obsessed with one person for a long time (talking months here) and it was unrequited, or at least they didn't feel quite so strongly, and then suddenly it just clicks and you start thinking to yourself 'just what was I thinking?!'

For me it's weird because I used to be so hung up on a certain guy thinking why doesn't he like me back, I'll never be good enough for him blah blah and put him on a pedestal but now it's just... blank, like I can't even muster the energy to think about the person.. I never thought I'd get to this indifferent stage but in hindsight it really wasn't worth the emotional energy. I could have reached this conclusion much sooner and saved myself the painful mental anguish!

Ahh feels good man
Most people feel that on their crushes from age 3-15.

I remember I crushing on a Filipino girl at AS in my bio class

I tweeted her (asking her when our homework was due in though I already knew) on a day I had a party and she didn't tweet back and I was upset. I was moody all the way through the party with this face: :sigh:

Good times eh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Life goes on.
Once or twice. :innocent:

It does feel good when you've realised and stopped, though.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you ever get this where you were practically obsessed with one person for a long time (talking months here) and it was unrequited, or at least they didn't feel quite so strongly, and then suddenly it just clicks and you start thinking to yourself 'just what was I thinking?!'

For me it's weird because I used to be so hung up on a certain guy thinking why doesn't he like me back, I'll never be good enough for him blah blah and put him on a pedestal but now it's just... blank, like I can't even muster the energy to think about the person.. I never thought I'd get to this indifferent stage but in hindsight it really wasn't worth the emotional energy. I could have reached this conclusion much sooner and saved myself the painful mental anguish!

Ahh feels good man

Ameeeeen! Yes, I've felt like this before over a few people. It's so liberating, right? I look back and it makes me laugh.
At one point, I could've cried rivers over said person and now it feels like a distant memory...like it never even happened in the first place. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Nah, I had great taste as a midget. All the girls were either sleeper hits or remained solid.
What on Earth were you thinking. Very disappointing.
I know how this feels. When you get over them you start to see all their faults that you were literally blinded to before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Mochassassin
Ameeeeen! Yes, I've felt like this before over a few people. It's so liberating, right? I look back and it makes me laugh.
At one point, I could've cried rivers over said person and now it feels like a distant memory...like it never even happened in the first place. :biggrin:

Yess haha the crying part, totally embarrassing! Crying over someone you were never actually with, you'd think it was an awful break up or something but nope just a crush! I hope it doesn't keep happening though, I'm 21, I can't keep continuing like this forever :P
Original post by Arkasia
Nah, I had great taste as a midget. All the girls were either sleeper hits or remained solid.

Are you, by any chance, Tyrrion Lannister?
Original post by em211997
I know how this feels. When you get over them you start to see all their faults that you were literally blinded to before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly this, and they actually seem like a normal, albeit attractive, person instead of an unattainable god-like figure placed high upon a pedestal!
Yess haha the crying part, totally embarrassing! Crying over someone you were never actually with, you'd think it was an awful break up or something but nope just a crush! I hope it doesn't keep happening though, I'm 21, I can't keep continuing like this forever :P

:rofl:
YES, exactly. If something as insignificant as a crush got us bawling, imagine how we'd be after a real breakup. :teehee:
I feel the same way, I'm 20! I have a feeling it'll stop now that we've come out and admitted how pathetic it really is. :hugs:
Original post by Mpagtches
Are you, by any chance, Tyrrion Lannister?

Nope, I downed a shot of skele-grow and now I'm normal sized.
:rofl:
YES, exactly. If something as insignificant as a crush got us bawling, imagine how we'd be after a real breakup. :teehee:
I feel the same way, I'm 20! I have a feeling it'll stop now that we've come out and admitted how pathetic it really is. :hugs:

Haha honestly I'm glad im not the only one! I thought I was just really sad and needy for being so upset about it and I'd be mortified if someone found out I'd cried over a crush omg *hides* Yeah I know myself a little better now and I understand better how to go about getting what a want so hopefully there will be no more silly obsessions :P

Do you still see your old crushes out and about? :smile:
Haha honestly I'm glad im not the only one! I thought I was just really sad and needy for being so upset about it and I'd be mortified if someone found out I'd cried over a crush omg *hides* Yeah I know myself a little better now and I understand better how to go about getting what a want so hopefully there will be no more silly obsessions :P

Do you still see your old crushes out and about? :smile:

Haha, don't worry! Things like this happen to the best of us - it's just comforting to know we're not alone (and that we're all as weird as each other! :tongue:)

Not after coming back home from uni, no! I doubt I'll see him much after I move back in a few weeks since we'll both be at different accommodations in different parts of town. It's a relief, really!
What about you? :smile:
Haha, don't worry! Things like this happen to the best of us - it's just comforting to know we're not alone (and that we're all as weird as each other! :tongue:)

Not after coming back home from uni, no! I doubt I'll see him much after I move back in a few weeks since we'll both be at different accommodations in different parts of town. It's a relief, really!
What about you? :smile:

Haha yup! :P Yeh same situation here actually, if I do see him it'll probably out and about on campus and honestly I wouldn't feel like stopping to talk, because I cba and really, what is there to say anymore?!
Haha yup! :P Yeh same situation here actually, if I do see him it'll probably out and about on campus and honestly I wouldn't feel like stopping to talk, because I cba and really, what is there to say anymore?!

Exactly! Nothing to talk about - life goes on! And you'll be much happier not getting involved again. :smile:
mine was like "wth were you thinking going along with what everyone was saying" alot of people(parents included) in primary school seemed to think me and this girl were made for each other,i believed it to until she told she didnt like me and i pretty much woke up..since then never looked back at all seen much nicer girls tbh and looking back at it now i didint really like her to begin with...
mine was like "wth were you thinking going along with what everyone was saying" alot of people(parents included) in primary school seemed to think me and this girl were made for each other,i believed it to until she told she didnt like me and i pretty much woke up..since then never looked back at all seen much nicer girls tbh and looking back at it now i didint really like her to begin with...

The bit in bold... it's weird isn't it? Same thing happens to me where I knew I didn't really like them that much and couldn't actually see myself with them long term! I wonder why we get so hung up on them regardless
21 y/o guy and yeah I've been through that. Although for me she loved the attention and so lead me on for a while. I was only 16 and naïve. I was so upset in the end when got herself a boyfriend and cut all contact from me, until they broke up and she contacted me again.

I look back and think how stupid I was. My advice is not to let it affect your future relationships, I let it affect me and never attempted anything with any girl I "crushed" on at uni, began ignoring any girl I began to like even!

(Sorry for the life story, I just wanted to let it out anonymously lol)

Just put it behind you and don't get attached too easily! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending