The Student Room Group

AS French or German??

I want to go into medicine and have already chosen my three A Levels of maths, chemistry and biology. I want to do a language as my fourth subject simply because I enjoy learning languages. I will most likely drop the language after AS. I just need to pick either french or german as I cannot do both.

I got A*s in both at gcse (exact same UMS marks too) and my teachers of both subjects have said that I could do A Level. I cannot decide whether I enjoy french or german more or even which one I am better at.

I don't have anyone to really go to for advice on my decision or these languages. I was wondering if anyone had any advice, insight, any way to maybe help me decide or any personal experiences they could share regarding French or German AS Levels. I'd really really appreciate any help as I have only a day left on this aha!

Thank you,

Katie :smile:
Original post by Katie6719
I want to go into medicine and have already chosen my three A Levels of maths, chemistry and biology. I want to do a language as my fourth subject simply because I enjoy learning languages. I will most likely drop the language after AS. I just need to pick either french or german as I cannot do both.

I got A*s in both at gcse (exact same UMS marks too) and my teachers of both subjects have said that I could do A Level. I cannot decide whether I enjoy french or german more or even which one I am better at.

I don't have anyone to really go to for advice on my decision or these languages. I was wondering if anyone had any advice, insight, any way to maybe help me decide or any personal experiences they could share regarding French or German AS Levels. I'd really really appreciate any help as I have only a day left on this aha!

Thank you,

Katie :smile:

I honestly think you're the only person who can know the answer to this! I could tell you that I did AS German and I liked it but that wouldn't help you very much because we're two different people. I'm sure AS French is great too. Surely you must have some kind of a preference as to which language or culture you're more interested in? Which country would you rather go to? This is such a personal matter, it's completely up to you!

Quick Reply

Latest