The Student Room Group

Should I apply for Medicine?

Hey,

I've been thinking about applying for medicine however I am unsure as I don't know whether I am capable of handling the workload, all my friends who want to apply are so much more prepared in terms of revising ukcat and knowing what they want to do while im still on the fence!
I got 6A*s and 4A's at GCSE and AABB at AS and im hoping to get AAA at A2

I would like to here from medical students if they are stable grades for medicine and whether or not I could handle the course,

Thanks!
Reply 1
This is really a question you have to answer yourself. You need to decide whether you can step up and cope with the workload; there is no point getting into medical school and then dropping out...
Reply 2
Go for it
In my opinion your stats are fine. As long as you have a good UKCAT (700+) and personal statement I see no reason why you shouldn't apply. However, as cmfunk said you need to decide whether you think its worth devoting your life to medicine. Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by MartinSmith97
Hey,

I've been thinking about applying for medicine however I am unsure as I don't know whether I am capable of handling the workload, all my friends who want to apply are so much more prepared in terms of revising ukcat and knowing what they want to do while im still on the fence!
I got 6A*s and 4A's at GCSE and AABB at AS and im hoping to get AAA at A2

I would like to here from medical students if they are stable grades for medicine and whether or not I could handle the course,

Thanks!

Your grades are fine, mine were similar and I'm just about to start my second year of medicine. How much work experience do you have? If you don't have much yet but are seriously considering medicine, you could always take a gap year to get more experience and then you'll know what your A-level results are, or you could apply for different courses this year then change your mind later. The workload isn't actually that bad (but then I've only done one year so far) because if you're interested in the content then it helps a lot with motivation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks everybody! but i think i've decided not to do medicine anymore, after doing some research i think i may apply for different courses like neuroscience and psycology, i appreciate the replies:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending