The Student Room Group

Does anybody actually enjoy being single?

Scroll to see replies

I love how all these threads from 4-6 years ago are getting bumped up again :lol: but yeah, I’m single and I love it. I do feel that personally, if you can’t be on your own then you’re not ready for a relationship:wink:
I like it because that's because I'm too comfortable being single
Original post by Anonymous
I love how all these threads from 4-6 years ago are getting bumped up again :lol: but yeah, I’m single and I love it. I do feel that personally, if you can’t be on your own then you’re not ready for a relationship:wink:

It's because of the 'related discussions' box under the threads, so people think 'Ooh I'll have a look at that!' and don't notice the date. TSR should either remove that function, put a date limit on it, limited to the past week or something, or stop telling people off for bumping threads when it's their site that's brought them up again!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It's because of the 'related discussions' box under the threads, so people think 'Ooh I'll have a look at that!' and don't notice the date. TSR should either remove that function, put a date limit on it, limited to the past week or something, or stop telling people off for bumping threads when it's their site that's brought them up again!

Yeah, I know :lol: I started a few threads before and seen related discussion and thought ‘ooo, I might get my answer here’ and then seen that it was from 10+ years ago and things have changed since then
Yeah, I know :lol: I started a few threads before and seen related discussion and thought ‘ooo, I might get my answer here’ and then seen that it was from 10+ years ago and things have changed since then

To be fair, at least in the relationships form it seems like people have the same problems now as when TSR first started!
Yeah! I can do what I want when I want without having to check with someone else if they’re ok with it etc. Plus if I like someone I can flirt with them :smile:
I don't know, I've been single my whole life so I can't say if I prefer being single. I guess I don't have to worry about impressing someone all the time and keeping them interested or worry about being dumped or cheated in. I only have to worry about myself and no one else.
whoops just realised this thread is years old
whoops just realised this thread is years old

Yep this was posted 5 years ago. OP are you still single?
I think there comes a point when you take so much rejection and you’ve been single a long time (not for lack of trying) that you get used to being single and doing everything by yourself. That looks off-putting to someone you want to start a relationship with. Which means it just becomes a vicious cycle: keep taking rejection while you’re in the best years of your life for dating, but become less appealing the older you get because of age and lack of relationship history.
No and anyone who says otherwise is coping.
Certainly not but at the same time I don't think I could deal with the hassle of being in a relationship.
I’m Asexual. So yes, I enjoy being single!
Of course it's awesome having freedom and independence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending