The Student Room Group

Mphil Management Cambridge 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katerina5
Thank you so much for the information, that's really helpful!
You can send an E-mail to the Graduate Admission Office (not the department) to request an internal language assessment after receiving the offer. However, I suggest keeping preparing for IELTS as I do, because some department may not agree to refer their students to the LC assessment and the language class seems to be quite expensive and time consuming. But, anyway, Best Luck!! I submitted all the documents for MPhil management at he end of January, and got rejected two days ago, so if you haven't heard any news, maybe it means that no news is good news~

I have taken IELTS 3 times already, I have no problem with other parts than writing, it just never exceeds 6.5!
Did the department tell you they don't accept the lc assessment? :frown:
Original post by miremind
I have taken IELTS 3 times already, I have no problem with other parts than writing, it just never exceeds 6.5!
Did the department tell you they don't accept the lc assessment? :frown:

I have taken 4 times, haha. Don't contact the department, they will always tell you they don't agree with the referral. Try to contact Graduate admission office, best luck!
Hi! Anyone knows when will be the Easter break for the admission?
Original post by Katerina5
I have taken 4 times, haha. Don't contact the department, they will always tell you they don't agree with the referral. Try to contact Graduate admission office, best luck!

I doubt it is a resolution.

If the department put it in as conditional offer, then, I think it will become part of the academic condition. Grad office cannot change it.

If it is part of the general entry requirement, then, yes the Grad office has full control of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Silvia.
Hi! Anyone knows when will be the Easter break for the admission?

The Graduate Admissions Office will be closed over the long Easter weekend. We regret that we will not be able to answer telephone, contact form or email enquiries from 4pm on Thursday 24 March until 10am on Tuesday 29 March.

from the grad page :wink:
Hi Guys! I am new here and just figure out this page. I applied this program pretty late....on deadline actually. I saw my status under consideration by department last Tuesday and it changed to waiting for the decision from BOGS last Thursday... Anyone know how long do I need to wait to for the final decision? And how likely I may receive an offer? Has anyone been rejected when they has already gotten the stage of awaiting for decision by BOGS? I am so nervous and also my LBS interview is coming.... Good luck for all of you!
Out of curiosity, what drew you guys to apply to the MFin/MiM programmes? And what are your career plans after this?
Original post by Caroline0825
Hi Guys! I am new here and just figure out this page. I applied this program pretty late....on deadline actually. I saw my status under consideration by department last Tuesday and it changed to waiting for the decision from BOGS last Thursday... Anyone know how long do I need to wait to for the final decision? And how likely I may receive an offer? Has anyone been rejected when they has already gotten the stage of awaiting for decision by BOGS? I am so nervous and also my LBS interview is coming.... Good luck for all of you!

Congrats - would you like to share your profile. Are you an international student?
Original post by Caroline0825

Did you get notified by email when your status has changed?
Original post by Londonstudent001
Did you get notified by email when your status has changed?

No, I didn't. I just use the online self-service system.
Original post by Motherodragons94
Congrats - would you like to share your profile. Are you an international student?

Sure. I am international student from China but currently doing my undergraduate study in a top 20 school in United States. I have a 3.8/4 GPA and will finish my degree one year earlier. I have several interns in different financial institutions and leadership positions in the school.
It's already April!!! :frown:
Maybe next week (every week I say that to myself)!
Just wondering which colleges those of you who have got offers are going to?
Has anyone tried to call the business school? I found the telephone number (01223339700) on the website. A lady has picked up and said it's the department of genetics...
Original post by econstudent28
I doubt it is a resolution.

If the department put it in as conditional offer, then, I think it will become part of the academic condition. Grad office cannot change it.

If it is part of the general entry requirement, then, yes the Grad office has full control of it.

According to this document the Department will indicate whether they will accept an assessment rather than a language test - so the decision is really taken at the Dept level.
See page 12-13

http://www.student-registry.admin.cam.ac.uk/files/graduate_admisssion_departmental_staff_handbook_221215.pdf
Any news? Crazy now.....
Hey guys,

Sorry I went a bit awohl. My interview 3 weeks ago went well, they just needed to clarify something about my undergrad and I got an offer yesterday.

Good luck to all those still waiting
Any update?
Still waiting as well... Does anyone know when they will reply at the latest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending