The Student Room Group

Should I consider an art degree?

I've always wanted to go to uni but ive never known what to study. At the moment im doing alevels in chem, bio and art with as levels in maths from last year and history amd eng lit the year before. As you can see im a little all over the place and as the years have gone on ive grown to hate science (actually i never liked it, it was just easiest as i wasnt naturally great at it so i had to work and it wasnt like english where i was bored, and sulked at the back and refused to participate and would do my own thing regardless of what my teacher said). The only thing im both good at and qualified to study is art. My problem is 1) im already struggling with alevel, dont like project formats amd im not the experimental 'artsy' type and 2) having done 3 years of alevels, ive already used my three years of free educatioin so i couldnt do a free foundation year to see if i like it. I like the idea of an arty career, just not an art degree but its the only thing i can do in my position. If im so on the fence and doubting it already, is it worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest