The Student Room Group

Doing AQA Bio in 1 year! Predicted A, advice?

Hi.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I couldn't do AS Bio exams last year. That means this year I'm doing AS and A2 in one year. I'm predicted A*A*A and want to do English. My head of year and English department asked the Bio department to put it up from a B to an A, but they were nervous as I'm doing the whole thing in 1 year! So am I, I am a Arts and Humanities student, and think like one. Papers are becoming more and more applied. Any advice, how can I make myself think more like a scientist? Surely hard work will suffice? I got A*s for all 3 sciences at GCSE, but obviously A Level is a whole different ball game!

All advice appreciated, I'm feeling very nervous, so some constructive advice and hearing your experiences would be very reassuring !

Thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
My advice is to not think like a scientist, but think like the mark scheme. Simply learn all the model answers and when you're doing questions try to think what each mark is for (3 marks = 3 points, so if im unsure I would make 5 points). The exam papers don't really change, you just need to know the content and exam technique. Just work hard all through the year (obvious but important). Good luck😊👍

(From someone with 292/300 in AS AQA Bio)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending