The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

please does someone have an essay on explaining stress using 2 approaches and/or theories because I'm good with sleep just not stress
Original post by stupidstudentsqa
wtf that's so annoying! i absoloutley hate that, and didn't give any notes to my group because i was put with annoying people anyway. I'm sure it will be okay tho, i doubt they'll be that strict :smile:

Oh good god being put with annoying people is the worst, I'm getting a lab partner in uni (50% of biomedical is meant to be lab work) and im hoping to god they'll be semi-decent and not clueless D: Or even worse one of these people who just completely disregard their partner and do everything themselves D:
Original post by stupidstudentsqa
last year they asked for a research study relating to conformity, so maybe this year they'll ask for obedience theories or studies, and how to resist social pressure, or like applications of conformity

thats true thanks
i'm really hoping they ask simple questions, like explain *whatever topic* approaches, or theories, or case studies, not the the scenario ones because they confuse me so much. But seeing as last year was simple, this year will probably be ****
for the individual behaviour part- sleep disorders etc was excluded from being able to answer on which means should be able to discuss it this year bc cant leave it out two years in a row???
same with conformity/ obedience for behaviour section was largely not able to answer on so should this year
Original post by kirstys1221
for the individual behaviour part- sleep disorders etc was excluded from being able to answer on which means should be able to discuss it this year bc cant leave it out two years in a row???
same with conformity/ obedience for behaviour section was largely not able to answer on so should this year

yeah i was thinking that. they might give a scenario question about disorders, like the one in the exemplar paper.
Original post by The999Theory
honestly not much, just a rough outline which probably isnt ideal /:
what approaches did you do for each topic? also where did you get your cognitive info for memory cause im really stuck on that D:

I did biological, cognitive and psychoanalytic. I mostly used scholar and also we got a booklet about sleep that had some research in to do with schemes and stuff
anyone know factors of obedience- what points youd talk about
Im hoping the research section is easy enough because that's the section I'm hoping to do best in haha...
anyone know how long to spend on each section?!
Reply 190
What's the consensus? A fair exam?
Reply 191
I gambled on more mandatory stuff coming up than optional - so got lucky. On saying that I did spend time revising Prejudice and Psychopathology but more on mandatory. Yes the Research stuff was different from my Prelim experience!!!
Reply 192
3 exams in one week - that's shocking! Good luck.
I know how you feel i have 3 this week to and 1 more to go on friday but we are nearly there! good luck!
What research method did everyone get? I wrote it was a natural experiment but everyone in my college seemed to get different answers.
Original post by ambermorris
What research method did everyone get? I wrote it was a natural experiment but everyone in my college seemed to get different answers.

I was debating between natural and field for ages but put down field. I think it was natural though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Pretty sure I've passed. Just glad they are all over.
Original post by ambermorris

Definitely "natural experiment" as it was 2 independent groups receiving either advice or no advice about reducing strokes at hospital. Not sure how they will mark "field experiment" that some of us wrote
What was the general feeling about this year's paper for Higher psychology - I thought quite fair but challenging.
Reply 199
Agree with that - hope to attain a B. If i do I'll be happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending