The Student Room Group

Can I get into a top uni with these grades?

GCSES - A*AAABBCCCDD (1 A was in Russian which I took on independently)

AS Levels - AABC (French, Law, English lit and psychology)

A2 Predicted - A*AA (French, Law, English lit)

I was just pondering my chances of getting into unis like Exeter, LSE, St. Andrews, Cambridge, Bath, Warwick etc. I'm trans and went through really bad depression during my GCSEs which is why they're poor, and I'd like to study International relations with French/IR+Politics at uni.
Original post by Valesker
GCSES - A*AAABBCCCDD (1 A was in Russian which I took on independently)

AS Levels - AABC (French, Law, English lit and psychology)

A2 Predicted - A*AA (French, Law, English lit)

I was just pondering my chances of getting into unis like Exeter, LSE, St. Andrews, Cambridge, Bath, Warwick etc. I'm trans and went through really bad depression during my GCSEs which is why they're poor, and I'd like to study International relations with French/IR+Politics at uni.

Why don't you just look at their entry requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by cherryred90s
Why don't you just look at their entry requirements?

I'm fully aware of their entry requirements and they're completely achievable for me but my question was more about the competition/if my gcses and AS results were sufficient/just my chances in general.
Original post by Valesker
I'm fully aware of their entry requirements and they're completely achievable for me but my question was more about the competition/if my gcses and AS results were sufficient/just my chances in general.

If you know the entry requirements are achievable for you, why are you asking if you have a chance? All you need is a good personal statement
If your depression or gender issues have been medically recorded make sure they're mentioned in your reference as an explanation for the GCSE performance. As long as the Ds aren't in English/Maths/Science I think you'll stand every chance of an offer at least, and then it's just a matter of securing the grades you need :smile:
I think as long as you have the B in maths and English language you should be fine. Your AS results are very good and the predictions certainly meet the requirements. However that's not to say, that the universities won't accept someone with higher gcse grades than you, it's difficult to say what your chances are, as the level of competition may change.

But I believe with a good PS and reference, you are definitely competitive with those AS results and predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending