The Student Room Group

Low GCSEs

I’m currently predicted to get mainly 7s with a few 6s. I used to get regular 8s and 9s before year 10 which is when my depression started to overwhelm me.

Will this ruin my chances of getting into a good university like Warwick or Durham for Law/History?
7s ands 6s are still very good, especially with what you've had to deal with. I mean that's still A/B right? I very much doubt it would affect your chances as unis tend to be more bothered about A levels from what I've seen. I'd check on the uni websites to make sure though. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Well, you have made it harder for yourself. For law you can take the law school entrance exam - LSAT. Ace them and that will really boost your chances. Aim to get at least 7 grade 7s at GCSE with a min of 6 for maths and English.
Reply 3
Most Unis look for only specific required GCSEs for each subject - this will be stated on each course page on the Uni website - or for your GCSE grades in relevant subjects for that degree.

Top Unis will usually also look at your 'GCSE profile' - top 5, top 8 etc GCSEs etc - to get an idea of your academic potential.

If there is any reason why you under-performed at GCSE, your school should mention this in your reference - check with your Head of Sixth etc to make sure that they do.
Reply 4
Original post by mike23mike
Well, you have made it harder for yourself. For law you can take the law school entrance exam - LSAT.

That is NOT required for any UK Law School - LSAT an American Test.

Top Law courses here may required LNAT - check each Uni website carefully for accurate information about this.
well, this answer might be amateur, cuz i am not native in UK, can i considering this as you get low GPA for your high school time? here is my suggestion, try to take other standardized exam like SAT/ACT, you don't have to study in UK do you? if you really into law, you can take LSAT exam after you get a bachelor degree. back to the question you asked, if you have very strong "soft background" (working experiences etc). maybe you can make you way in. but it is uncertainty. i suggest you can prepare for it
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending