The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JTran38
Update 07/10/15 and 08/10/15

Yesterday, I had an early closure due to the Open Evening at my school and I went home for a bit before going back to help out with the Open Evening. It went alright. Wednesday wasn't too bad with the timetable but I did had to go to the very back of the damn changing room to get change because they keep stealing my spot at the front. At least, I have room to myself and not left feeling claustrophobic inside the changing room but standing outside is an issue especially when we wait for the bell to go. I don't understand why we can't wait outside instead as it'll make people like myself feel more comfortable instead of being packed into one confined space packed like sardines.

Today wasn't too bad. I had double computing where I'm now finally starting my actual A452 CA and it's getting boring. Would like to do a bit of A451 stuff. For double Chemistry, I'm revising for my exam tomorrow and we have an period tomorrow to prepare for the test. Double English Language was quite boring today with the task.

To Do List
Chemistry C1 Revision - Friday
Maths Revision - Friday
French Writing CA (Needs sorting out) and French Vocab - Friday
Computing H/W - Tuesday
Biology B2.1 and B2.2 - Friday (Next Week)

Yes, I have quite a lot to get sorted tonight and I'm already feeling the stress. This has to be my worst ever week of Year 10 so far.

Its great that you are so motivated but don't burn yourself out
Reply 81
Original post by judogainz
Its great that you are so motivated but don't burn yourself out

Sometimes I feel like I do and I'm aware of it.
Reply 82
Update 09/10/15

Today was quite a stressful day with all the exams. I was so stressed out from Wednesday's Open Evening that I didn't sleep very well and so far I have overslept by 15 mins due to fatigue that I'm getting with the work load and especially the Open Evening which was quite hectic as I was the group leader.

Double Maths - We did our assessment and some of us marked our peers assessment in Green Pen. Others did something else.
Double Chemistry - Revision first lesson and assessment the other half ... I think I did alright but not quite enough for a Grade B, still a lot of improvements to be made.
Double French - Still sorting out bits and bobs for my French Writing CA and getting Ms to assist me with cutting down my paragraphs as it was over the allowed limit. We then did a short French Vocabulary test and majority failed due to other commitments in having to revise for Chemistry and Maths which was too much.

To Do List
B2.1 and B2.2 Revision - Friday
Maths H/W - Wednesday
Computing H/W - Tuesday
English Lit H/W - Monday
French Writing CA Revision and French Vocabulary
Reply 83
Update 12/10/15

Today wasn't the best day as I had to sit my English Language practice assessment (the AQA Specimen Paper 1) for P1 and 2. I was told to take my time on it and so I did, still on Q3 of the Reading section as I mucked up on the structure and confused it with language features. I also had Maths where I was given back my Maths exam paper and I kinda flopped the exam with costly silly mistakes, still room for improvement though. For History, it was another decent lesson except the occasional "On Call" for SLT.

Also, I'm slightly annoyed that my HOY didn't gave me a note as he took my planner for moderating and being so organised I'm worried that they'll drop all the damn papers in my planner especially my Computing H/W is in there and I don't want to do that again. I might do it again just in case but cba.

To Do List
B2 Revision (Cells, Tissues, Organisms, Enzymes and Photosynthesis)
Maths H/W - Wednesday
Computing H/W (Done) - Tuesday
French Writing CA and Vocabulary - Tuesday
Original post by JTran38
Update 12/10/15

Today wasn't the best day as I had to sit my English Language practice assessment (the AQA Specimen Paper 1) for P1 and 2. I was told to take my time on it and so I did, still on Q3 of the Reading section as I mucked up on the structure and confused it with language features. I also had Maths where I was given back my Maths exam paper and I kinda flopped the exam with costly silly mistakes, still room for improvement though. For History, it was another decent lesson except the occasional "On Call" for SLT.

Also, I'm slightly annoyed that my HOY didn't gave me a note as he took my planner for moderating and being so organised I'm worried that they'll drop all the damn papers in my planner especially my Computing H/W is in there and I don't want to do that again. I might do it again just in case but cba.

To Do List
B2 Revision (Cells, Tissues, Organisms, Enzymes and Photosynthesis)
Maths H/W - Wednesday
Computing H/W (Done) - Tuesday
French Writing CA and Vocabulary - Tuesday

Hey. Sorry to hear about your day.

Have you talked to your biology teacher about your confusion? You don't want to be revising the wrong stuff, from what I heard it sounds like he is not making things clear enough.
Reply 85
Original post by MrMackyTv
Hey. Sorry to hear about your day.

Have you talked to your biology teacher about your confusion? You don't want to be revising the wrong stuff, from what I heard it sounds like he is not making things clear enough.

I've got him tomorrow P5 and P6, so I will raise the confusion about B2.2 and B2.3 in class. I'm literally dreading this week as I have him all week and I hate his teaching style, I prefer the way my Chemistry/Physics teacher teaches so straightforward and simple. Yes, he doesn't explain things well e.g I got Carbohydrases and Amylase mixed up in terms of groups and it was kinda embarrassing due to the arrogant minority in my class, they would literally laugh or whatever and you just look like a complete fool, so annoying and not helpful.

I'm so jealous about you watching Macbeth the film, my History teacher has said she asked the HOD for a trip to watch The Suffragettes at the cinema but only a limited number of people will go and it remains a question whether the trip will be "girls only" which I hope not as everyone should learn about the cause into getting Women the vote back in the 1900s, not so far ago!
Original post by JTran38
I've got him tomorrow P5 and P6, so I will raise the confusion about B2.2 and B2.3 in class. I'm literally dreading this week as I have him all week and I hate his teaching style, I prefer the way my Chemistry/Physics teacher teaches so straightforward and simple. Yes, he doesn't explain things well e.g I got Carbohydrases and Amylase mixed up in terms of groups and it was kinda embarrassing due to the arrogant minority in my class, they would literally laugh or whatever and you just look like a complete fool, so annoying and not helpful.

I'm so jealous about you watching Macbeth the film, my History teacher has said she asked the HOD for a trip to watch The Suffragettes at the cinema but only a limited number of people will go and it remains a question whether the trip will be "girls only" which I hope not as everyone should learn about the cause into getting Women the vote back in the 1900s, not so far ago!

I wouldn't let their arrogance get to you, ignore them. The more you ask questions, the higher the chance of you getting high grades. So when you do that test, you will be the one laughing if they got lower than you, trust me.

Don't be jealous, it was absolutely ****. Hence teachers getting up all the time to tell off students for talking... They should allow boys too! Is your history teacher going to be selective? Because I remember you telling me some students ruin the lesson and you just said SLT was involved...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by MrMackyTv
I wouldn't let their arrogance get to you, ignore them. The more you ask questions, the higher the chance of you getting high grades. So when you do that test, you will be the one laughing if they got lower than you, trust me.

Don't be jealous, it was absolutely ****. Hence teachers getting up all the time to tell off students for talking... They should allow boys too! Is your history teacher going to be selective? Because I remember you telling me some students ruin the lesson and you just said SLT was involved...

The arrogant doesn't get me but sometimes it does get into my way and I do mentally struggle at times, at least my friends are very supportive. :biggrin: I have put maximum effort into my C1 paper yet I'm still dreading to have it returned back, the exact same feeling when I did my first assessment for English back in Y8.

The proposed trip to watch The Suffragettes at the cinema is currently in a mess as she can't decide who to take ...
1) Those who have made the biggest progress so far
2) The Girls

Yes, the behaviour in that class is like Y6 (primary school behaviour) and their level of maturity is simply shocking, cussing each others background such as their country and what not. I don't think I have had one lesson without an SLT being called .
You sound so motivated to do well frequently updating on here - well done! i'm in year 11 and definitely a routine!
Reply 89
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
You sound so motivated to do well frequently updating on here - well done! i'm in year 11 and definitely a routine!

I'm not normally that self motivated but I'm really trying my best and I did make some sort of a resolution/target at the beginning of the year which is to get good grades. Previously, I have been procrastinating too much and failing to meet my end of year grades such as in Y7 and Y8.

Good luck with Year 11, the pressure is defo on you and it's a year of hard work especially with those GCSEs exam in June? (or earlier).
Original post by JTran38
I'm not normally that self motivated but I'm really trying my best and I did make some sort of a resolution/target at the beginning of the year which is to get good grades. Previously, I have been procrastinating too much and failing to meet my end of year grades such as in Y7 and Y8.

Good luck with Year 11, the pressure is defo on you and it's a year of hard work especially with those GCSEs exam in June? (or earlier).

You're doing incredibly well carry on for the next year and year 11 and you'll be fine - i wish i took your approach definitely feeling the pressure
my exams run from may-june
Reply 91
You're doing incredibly well carry on for the next year and year 11 and you'll be fine - i wish i took your approach definitely feeling the pressure
my exams run from may-june

It may be a bit late but just make sure you know the content and most importantly stay calm for your GCSE exams in May-June.
Original post by JTran38
It may be a bit late but just make sure you know the content and most importantly stay calm for your GCSE exams in May-June.

i'm fine with the revision and learning the content that's my strong point it's just the actual exams with the questions and the wording !!
Reply 93
i'm fine with the revision and learning the content that's my strong point it's just the actual exams with the questions and the wording !!

Ah, that can be sorted out easily as you'll probably be doing a lot of past papers where the question can be phrased differently meaning the answer will be phrased similarly to how you know it. I had to deal with that in my History exam on Liberal Reforms.
Original post by JTran38
Ah, that can be sorted out easily as you'll probably be doing a lot of past papers where the question can be phrased differently meaning the answer will be phrased similarly to how you know it. I had to deal with that in my History exam on Liberal Reforms.

luckily i don't do history just maths i need to work on but tbh the controlled assessments are more time consuming than revision!
Reply 95
luckily i don't do history just maths i need to work on but tbh the controlled assessments are more time consuming than revision!

IKR. I'm doing all my CA for French this year so that next year is all revision. For other subjects like the Sciences, I think I'll be doing an ISA this year but I'm not too familiar with the CAs .
Reply 96
My AQA B2 Notes done so far ...
http://1drv.ms/1K4FjGg :biggrin:

Need to ask my Biology teacher whether Enzymes are Photosynthesis are B2.2 and B2.3 respectively or vice-versa. Thanks to @MrMackyTv for bringing that to my attention.
Original post by JTran38
My AQA B2 Notes done so far ...
http://1drv.ms/1K4FjGg :biggrin:

Need to ask my Biology teacher whether Enzymes are Photosynthesis are B2.2 and B2.3 respectively or vice-versa. Thanks to @MrMackyTv for bringing that to my attention.

Okay, so we're on 1.2 but we've missed out quite a bit of 1.1. Great more catch-up needed :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by Lemur14
Okay, so we're on 1.2 but we've missed out quite a bit of 1.1. Great more catch-up needed :frown:

B1 1,1 or B2 1.1 ? By the way the topics in the text books may be arranged incorrectly and annoying the subject content on AQA says something else. #Confusing
Original post by JTran38
B1 1,1 or B2 1.1 ? By the way the topics in the text books may be arranged incorrectly and annoying the subject content on AQA says something else. #Confusing

B2 1.1 (not that it's likely that we've covered B1 1.1 tbh but I think we're doing catch-up for B1 4.5--> end so the teacher obviously thinks we've covered it)

Latest