The Student Room Group

New 2015 specs and coursework

I was thinking about self-teaching Physics during my gap year with the new specifications, meaning I'd be sitting my exams in 2017. With the new specs is there any coursework? I know with OCR there is an exam or something about practical work but can you just learn this from a textbook and take the exam? I know with coursework it is harder/more expensive to study it as a private candidate. Thanks!
Reply 1
There's no coursework in the new spec

For the new specification you will be required to do 12 core practicals; this is a separate endorsement , so you will not receive any marks or ums form it. Instead
will receive a pass or fail mark for it.In addition to this, you will asked question about the core practicals in your exams.

Hope this helps,

Pokemon
Reply 4
Original post by masterpokemon71
For the new specification you will be required to do 12 core practicals; this is a separate endorsement , so you will not receive any marks or ums form it. Instead
will receive a pass or fail mark for it.In addition to this, you will asked question about the core practicals in your exams.

Hope this helps,

Pokemon

Thank you! Yeah I thought it would have been a bit of a long-shot anyway, it seems they really didn't take into account private candidates, if anything it made it harder than the previous spec.

Quick Reply

Latest