Frieda Pinto being described as dark?

good one
Original post by tehforum
lmao

Frieda Pinto being described as dark?

good one

Just googled her and lmao
Original post by Ruby17
Aha, that's a really interesting and good point I had not thought of. The way I see it, is that there's basically quite a big distinction between wanting to be white or fair. I believe the latter is more common goal for those wanting to lighten their skin. For example there's many fair people in my country, with colored eyes and light hair. Now when you first think of it seems like the whole European look, but they actually look super exotic because their skin is a totally different shade then actual white people but it is light/fair. I think that's what most people go for, not to look white as many assume, but just to have a fairer skin tone.

I do agree. I believe that many people confuse wanting to be white with wanting to have fairer skin. Like forever example if someone with dark skin bleached their skin people would assume that they are wanting to be white when they may just want to be 2 shades lighter than their original skin tone. However I see no problem with this. You have people with very pale skin spending ridiculous amounts on tanning beds, spray tans and going on expensive holidays to reach that ideal skin tone weather it is tanned, olive, brown etc.. so what is the difference? To me not very much. Apart from one is chemicals alternating your skin tone which is not as natural as darkening your skin in the sun. I guess that people are more harsh and judgemental with people bleaching their skin as they believe that they are conforming or being pressured to being a certain skin tone. Like for example, a lot of black girls growing up are contanstly reminded that lighter skin hair and eyes are prettier so if they bleach it's like they are trying to feel socially accepted kind of?

What country are you from?
astaxanthin may have skin colour altering effects too
Reply 65
Just go and meet a dermatologist and ask for what's best for your skin. I'm African born and raised there, yes I have dark skin (a few shades darker than rihanna) and I've seen some really bad effects of bleaching like skin discolouration but yeah it's your skin. Also you said people don't finder colour attractive, that's not true. You've probably been surrounded with some people who made you feel like your colour doesn't look good but there're probably people out there who appreciate it. If you think you want to do it then go ahead.
Reply 66
How about not turning yourself into a freak by 'tinting' your skin a different colour.
Reply 67
Original post by 1295084
*yawns*

Yeah I've heard it all before.
"You need to stop being so insecure."
"get therapy." "love yourself."

blah blah blah.
It won't change the fact that people still view darker skin as less attractive. I may as well lighten my skin to at least look good temporarily. We're all going to die eventually anyway...

I prefer darker skin :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by RobML
I prefer darker skin :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it. By dark skin you're probably referring to a skin tone like Beyonce's, as opposed to a skin tone similar to Lupita Nyong (probably spelt that wrong btw)
People on here are trying to put you off of bleaching your skin for a legitimate reason. Regardless of whether it shows you don't 'love yourself' or not, it is very noticeable when someone bleaches (especially if you're quite dark). There are some parts that won't become lighter or as light as other parts (your hands are one part, I can't recall any others off the top of my head). You can't reverse the effects of bleaching, and like someone else said they don't always work but can still harm your skin, so I would think hard before touching any skin lightening products. You could end up going from what you perceive to be 'ugly' to being a freak very quickly if you're not careful with that stuff. Don't take offence to this, I don't mean to offend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest