The Student Room Group

Our men are alright, if anything it's the young women who need guidance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'm not sure men have the best track record of being in authority either. Not that you can make a fair comparison seeing as the amount of female leaders Britain has had is a fraction of the number of men.

Beat me to it
Original post by TheCitizenAct
No, I'm just wondering how long it will take someone to notice I've placed Elvis song titles and lyrics in each of my last three posts to reaffirm you've left the building.

Really?! Now I have to go back and check...
You're one smart biscuit
Original post by liquity
We are literally destroying the planet we live on. We are destroying it because we have a selfish obsession with dominance and have reduced every natural threat to our life possible so that we are no longer controlled but allowed to reproduce as much as we like, hence poverty occurs. Have you ever thought that if we were still under the influence of survival of the fittest that we would have less problems? No obesity, barely any illness, enough food to sustain everyone in the population etc. Just my opinion. I'm a horrible person really I'm just past the point of caring.

The state of nature, or a return to survival of the fittest, would be the very characterisation of a 'self obsession with dominance.'

You do realise that poverty has decreased from 47% of the world's population in the early 90's to 22% today? What do you think has done that? Foreign aid?

No, it was cold calculated self-interest. Why? Because it's the only reliable human trait. Everything you do, everything you've ever done, is comprised of self-interest.
Original post by liquity
Your attitude is actually sickening

Maybe the truth is sickening? :smile:
The state of nature, or a return to survival of the fittest, would be the very characterisation of a 'self obsession with dominance.'

You do realise that poverty has decreased from 47% of the world's population in the early 90's to 22% today? What do you think has done that? Foreign aid?

No, it was cold calculated self-interest. Why? Because it's the only reliable human trait. Everything you do, everything you've ever done, is comprised of self-interest.

I don't care anymore. As I said its my opinion. I really don't have time for your arguments, you really aren't worth it. Like you seem like one of those irritating people who picks arguments for the sake of it and I hate those kinds of people. So kindly leave me alone please.
Original post by Start the Fire
Maybe the truth is sickening? :smile:

It's cute because you think you're so sassy but you're literally making yourself more hateable with each character you type
When people enter debates when they know they can't take debates....:colonhash:
Original post by liquity
We are literally destroying the planet we live on. We are destroying it because we have a selfish obsession with dominance and have reduced every natural threat to our life possible so that we are no longer controlled but allowed to reproduce as much as we like, hence poverty occurs. Have you ever thought that if we were still under the influence of survival of the fittest that we would have less problems? No obesity, barely any illness, enough food to sustain everyone in the population etc. Just my opinion. I'm a horrible person really I'm just past the point of caring.

Paradise lost and all that. I've certainly wondered it. I think many people feel they need something to fight for, and if we can't find fights that are worthwhile, like the struggle to survive, people just end up making up reasons. I think it's a really big problem at the moment as life gets easier and less dangerous.

On the destroying the planet note, don't worry. Many species may die, including us, but in another 10,000 years or so, the planet will be full of life again. It's been through much worse stuff. We're actually currently in an ice age right now (an ice age just means a time when the earth has ice caps at the poles). Part of the reason it's heating up so damn quickly is because of us, but it is also heating up naturally because it's coming into a new cycle of warmer temperatures.

No need to be all doom and gloom. Even if the planet does become lifeless, there's probably a billion others out there like it with life, and there will be infinite different dimensions where it's still fine.
This is the realist thing I've read in a while. Couldn't agree more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liquity
It's cute because you think you're so sassy but you're literally making yourself more hateable with each character you type

Sweetheart, you're a feminist, there is nothing I could possibly say that would make me more hateable than you
Original post by liquity
I don't care anymore. As I said its my opinion. I really don't have time for your arguments, you really aren't worth it. Like you seem like one of those irritating people who picks arguments for the sake of it and I hate those kinds of people. So kindly leave me alone please.

You seem like one of those irritating people who characterises an entire subset of people - 3.5 billion people, I might add - as 'rapists.'

You seem like one of those irritating people who turns every issue into the oppression Olympics, i.e., 'as [insert crime here] happens more often to x identity type, x identity type is a first-class victim.'

You seem like one of those irritating people who can't handle when such 'logic' is used against you, exposed for what it is, and set-up as an attack on x identity type. 'Men are majority perpetrators of rape.' Women are majority perpetrators of filicide. Does that mean we need to teach Mothers not to kill their children?

No-one in this thread is an irrational individual. If you came to us and said 'I think rape is a societal problem, what do you think? What can we do to address it?' you would have received a pleasant response. We would have addressed the topic, we would have had a pleasant conversation.

You didn't. You went on the offensive. You engendered the debate, argued own-group bias instead of equality or individual liberty, argued numerics instead of humanity, peddled a huge prejudice against all men (in a manner which wouldn't have been acceptable in any other context) and then, when all else failed, you took refuge behind victimhood.
MRA vs Feminists.
Blacks vs Whites.
Liberals vs Conservatives.

All smoke and mirrors to divide and rule and prevent the emergence of class consciousness :tongue:
Sweetheart, you're a feminist, there is nothing I could possibly say that would make me more hateable than you

I worry for your priorities if you think being a feminist is what makes you the most worthy of hatred.
Original post by Eigo-Jin
Really?! Now I have to go back and check...

I was starting to think I was coming across as a mentalist!*

*guaranteed to be taken out of context, quoted by a feminist and used against me.
I worry for your priorities if you think being a feminist is what makes you the most worthy of hatred.

I worry for you if you defend feminism
Original post by Swanbow
MRA vs Feminists.
Blacks vs Whites.

All smoke and mirrors to divide and rule and prevent the emergence of class consciousness :tongue:

Liberals: the bastardisation of the word liberal. It has nothing to do with the left, and it never has.

I'm not an MRA and all identity types are, largely, imagined (at least when invoked as a collective). They are all also almost universally peddled and invoked by the left.
I worry for you if you defend feminism

Well why don't we compare values and see what each of us believes in, in terms of gender equality?

You go first
Original post by Swanbow
MRA vs Feminists.
Blacks vs Whites.

I'm not an MRA or a feminist.
I was starting to think I was coming across as a mentalist!*

*guaranteed to be taken out of context, quoted by a feminist and used against me.

Aha, you already do to me :colondollar:. You seem to possess mental feats not usual to average joes.

Spoiler

Yeah, #killallmen.

Oh, and 'white men should never hold elected position in British Universities again.' The Independent.

Oh, and 'white men are banned from attending diversity events.' Goldsmiths University Diversity Officer (not fired).

Oh, and 'have you ever beat up a boyfriend? Cause, uh, we have.' Jezebel.

Oh, and 'all men belong in camps.' Julie Bindel, journalist for The Guardian.

Oh, and 'I bathe in male tears.' Jessica Valenti, journalist for The Guardian.

Oh, 'men who are raped still have more privilege than women.' Arizona State University Magazine.

Oh, and 'Jeremy Clarkson's wife is his dog handler.' The Telegraph.

Oh, and 'we need to teach men not to rape.' Liquidity.

I could be here all day.

Maybe we should just drug boys from childhood? They are, after all, clearly pathological. Oh, wait, we do that already. 600,000 of them. Maybe we should drug more?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending