The Student Room Group

Religious people!Would you send your children to a gay to straight conversion teraphy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by parrot16
1. A penis is supposed to go into a vagina not an anus.
2. Homosexuals cannot reproduce naturally.
3. Homosexuals have the most HIV and are at most risk for catching
4. Even though animals may practice homosexuality, that doesn't make it right for humans!

1. So, what about the myriads of heterosexual couples engaging in such activities? Are they "objectively" wrong? Who gave you the authority to call something wrong on behalf of everyone else?
2. So, heterosexual couples which do not want to reproduce are unnatural? Heterosexual couples which cannot reproduce are unnatural? Why is "natural" relevant here?
3. What a false dichotomy. It does not make it "objectively" wrong. This is such a silly generalisation. I would have accepted that if the stats were 100% - not even close. Too many factors come in here to reach that silly conclusion.
4. Again, the mentality of a hardcore religious person. Before, you said that it is unnatural. Now, you say that it being natural (since it is found in animals as well) is irrelevant. Do you note the hypocrisy here? Are you only going to use the "natural" argument when it suits your needs?

All in all, all you offered is what religious people call "arguments" based on subjective morality. Case dismissed.
(edited 8 years ago)
No.
Says who? You? What gives you the right to judge?
Wow. And? This is bad because,,,
Rubbish
4. Even though animals may practice homosexuality, that doesn't make it right for humans!
Says who? You? What gives you the right to judge?

Being gay isn't a choice. If it was a choice lots of people wouldn't commit suicide because they're gay. It's an innate behaviour for a gay person to be attracted to the same gender just like how you are attracted to the opposite gender. No one can stop themselves from feeling attracted to someone it's just not possible unless you're asexual etc. It's not wrong to be gay or bi or straight at all! Not they're fault and shouldn't be anyones business who people are attracted to.
To be completely honest bi people are lucky, they have more choices haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It won't do anything so why waste your money
Reply 24
Original post by ilovethe1975
I understand, but what I'm trying to say is that you cannot tell someone to stop being gay for the sake of religion. Being gay is not a psychological illness like being a murderer is, its a true form of identity and sexuality. It's the twenty first century, I really don't understand how some people can still believe that being gay is wrong. Okay okay so there's religious beliefs but religion never justifies it. The only reason it gives is that 'its unnatural, dirty etc' but it really isn't. How is that justifying it at all?

I am sure God said be kind to one another, treat each other with respect. Religious people believe this yet still choose to discriminate gay people and other minority groups such as transgender people? I really don't see how that is in anyway creating the peace and prosperity that religion SUPPOSEDLY brings forward.

As a completely unhomophobic (is that a word?) Christian, I think I need to emphasise that a lot of us are not homophobic or transphobic. Many vicars actually offer support to LGBT members of the congregation.

One of the Ten Commandments says "love thy neighbour as thyself" basically meaning that we need to treat everyone with the love and respect we want. Even if we don't have that ourselves. This was emphasised When Christ said Turn the other cheek.

Religion and religious people do contribute a lot to society. According to faith action, religious groups support 47 million people in the UK alone.

If I have a child who is LGBT, I would never force them to go through conversion therapy. My as yet unborn children will get my love and support regardless of their sexuality or gender identity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) Yes I guess it does make it wrong to do that. However the majority of heterosexual couples engage in normal sex whereas many more homosexuals engage in anal sex and cant engage in normal sex so its wrong.
2)I know not everyone wants to reproduce but its about the chance of reproduction.
3) No contraception is 100% effective.

And No. 4?

Why is it wrong for humans to engage in homosexuality when it occurs in nature?
Well you can. If there is a murderer going around killing people, we can't tell them to carry on doing what they want to because "They are who they are", we have to stop them or send to therapy.

:lol:

Wait...

"Heavenly father who art in heaven please do that thing to this guys sins"
Original post by eoe
Regardless of how much you disagree with homosexuality,I will say it and keep saying it: people are born gay.

AMEN. It has been scientifically proven that being gay is a gene. What are you going to do? Go mutate that gene just because you disagree? You literally can't do anything about it so why don't you just accept it. My parents are completely against the idea of homosexuality due to religion but I also grew up being taught that everyone is different and that we need to accept that and get on with our lives. Homosexuality is not disgusting and never will be.
Original post by *Stefan*
1. So, what about the myriads of heterosexual couples engaging in such activities? Are they "objectively" wrong? Who gave you the authority to call something wrong on behalf of everyone else?
2. So, heterosexual couples which do not want to reproduce are unnatural? Heterosexual couples which cannot reproduce are unnatural? Why is "natural" relevant here?
3. What a false dichotomy. It does not make it "objectively" wrong. This is such a silly generalisation. I would have accepted that if the stats were 100% - not even close. Too many factors come in here to reach that silly conclusion.
4. Again, the mentality of a hardcore religious person. Before, you said that it is unnatural. Now, you say that it being natural (since it is found in animals as well) is irrelevant. Do you note the hypocrisy here? Are you only going to use the "natural" argument when it suits your needs?

All in all, all you offered is what religious people call "arguments" based on subjective morality. Case dismissed.

oh my god amen, amen amen amen, thank you
you deserve a medal man
10/10 response
Reply 29
Original post by ilovethe1975
AMEN. It has been scientifically proven that being gay is a gene. What are you going to do? Go mutate that gene just because you disagree? You literally can't do anything about it so why don't you just accept it. My parents are completely against the idea of homosexuality due to religion but I also grew up being taught that everyone is different and that we need to accept that and get on with our lives. Homosexuality is not disgusting and never will be.

LOL
Read my statement before you get angry.
Original post by eoe
LOL
Read my statement before you get angry.

no omg i was replying to the person you replied to haha. i completley agree with what you're saying!! people ARE born gay!!
Reply 31

But sex toys are OK
Thinking you have an all powerful but invisible friend whom you have never met but inexplicably loves is wrong.
Lots of people need medical help to reproduce.
Christians prevented AIDS from being treated and still saying condoms are ineffective

Please let me get this correct.

Animals ''Choose'' to be gay?

This is about the most stupidest thing I've seen on TSR.
If you hadn't noticed the Animal Kingdom has been here far longer than we have.

Sorry I didn't visit a zoo once and think wow there's two penguins getting it on , let me ask the keeper if they are gay and then think ''Well tomorrow I've decided to take inspiration from a couple of gay penguins at the Zoo and now I'll be gay''

:/
Original post by eoe
Regardless of how much you disagree with homosexuality,I will say it and keep saying it: people are born gay.

"In fact, since the early 1990s, numerous studies attempting to establish a genetic cause for homosexuality have not proven to be valid or repeatable two important requirements for study results to become accepted as fact in the scientific community.Because of this, the current thinking in the scientific community is that homosexuality is likely caused by a complex interaction of psychosocial, environmental and possible biological factors. And the two leading national psychiatric and psychological professional groups agree that, so far, there are no conclusive studies supporting any specific biological or genetic cause for homosexuality.1In sum, there is no scientific or DNA test to tell us if a person is homosexual, bisexual or even heterosexual for that matter. And since nobody is "born gay," it's clear that sexual orientation is, at its core, a matter of how one defines oneself not a matter of biology or genes."
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Dont hate, its my own opinion, I'm open to anyone convincing me otherwise

1: no to the thread, i would talk to them instead.

2: I'd love to see proof of that gene that was mentioned.

3: a penis is supposed to go into a vagina. Proof is written in evolution. If our ancestors had all been gay, we wouldn't exist. Its a survival tactic if nothing else, passing genes to our offspring.

4: Science-wise, there is less mucuos in the rectum than there is in the vagina, meaning it is a terrible natural lubricant, like trying to fit a cube into a cylinder. Thats why HIV is more common with homosexuals

5: By logic of principle, I think we all agree if something is wrong now it was wrong a million years ago, the same goes for if something is right. But as mentioned, if early mammals hadnt reproduced, this would be a barren planet, so it was wrong then so it is wrong now.

So is it "wrong" that some people cannot reproduce even though they are heterosexual?
Dont hate, its my own opinion, I'm open to anyone convincing me otherwise

1: no to the thread, i would talk to them instead.

2: I'd love to see proof of that gene that was mentioned.

3: a penis is supposed to go into a vagina. Proof is written in evolution. If our ancestors had all been gay, we wouldn't exist. Its a survival tactic if nothing else, passing genes to our offspring.

4: Science-wise, there is less mucuos in the rectum than there is in the vagina, meaning it is a terrible natural lubricant, like trying to fit a cube into a cylinder. Thats why HIV is more common with homosexuals

5: By logic of principle, I think we all agree if something is wrong now it was wrong a million years ago, the same goes for if something is right. But as mentioned, if early mammals hadnt reproduced, this would be a barren planet, so it was wrong then so it is wrong now.

At least you agree with me.:biggrin:
Original post by DiddyDec
So is it "wrong" that some people cannot reproduce even though they are heterosexual?

But thats different
But thats different

Why?

Also why is it wrong to be homosexual if it occurs naturally?
Ofcourse not, I never said that. That is natural selection. I have family friends who can't have children.

I am only stating that if its okay to be gay, then everyone could do it. The reality is, consequences of such an event would be disastrous.

People don't choose to be gay.
Original post by DiddyDec
Why?

Also why is it wrong to be homosexual if it occurs naturally?

Because it is very different. A person who cannot reproduce maybe has a mutation so maybe they don't pass on harmful genes. But however even if someone believes they are completely infertile, if they engage in vaginal intercourse there is always a chance of reproduction.
Homosexuality does not occur naturally in humans see my post above in quotes.

Quick Reply

Latest