The Student Room Group

What do you guys think

If your dating someone but your not official. And they sleep with someone else have they cheated on you?
Depends on how serious it was. Even if it was not official, it still is kinda hurtful, so yh, I'd count it as cheating
Reply 2
Original post by NoRJoke112233
Depends on how serious it was. Even if it was not official, it still is kinda hurtful, so yh, I'd count it as cheating

On and off for around 6 months only went on a. Couple of dates rest was just sleeping together
If it makes you uncomfortable and you feel a line was crossed, it shows you’re not Im on the same page. Talk to them about how you feel and listen to what they say, tell them how you want the relationship to be and if you’re not both in the same page with that then you have your answer about whether it’s a good relationship for you, regardless of whether different people would call it cheating or not.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
If it makes you uncomfortable and you feel a line was crossed, it shows you’re not Im on the same page. Talk to them about how you feel and listen to what they say, tell them how you want the relationship to be and if you’re not both in the same page with that then you have your answer about whether it’s a good relationship for you, regardless of whether different people would call it cheating or not.

He told me as soon as he’d done. He was very apologetic very upset said he was so sorry. I do think the conversation of what we both want needs to be said
Original post by Anonymous #1
He told me as soon as he’d done. He was very apologetic very upset said he was so sorry. I do think the conversation of what we both want needs to be said

Im writing a dissertation on convents atm and one quote from a mother superior which I think fits here was something along the lines of ‘if you feel as a religious sister feel you shouldn’t do something whilst wearing a religious habit, it’s a sure sign that you shouldn’t be doing it.’ I think it fits here. If someone feels bad enough about something to tell you straight away afterwards, I’m this scenario it means they knew beforehand that they shouldn’t have been doing it either. If you decide this is a relationship you can go on with knowing this, you need to set clear boundaries and specifically define what cheating is, as well as talking about what you are to one another. From there, he gets no more than one chance - if he ever does something again you think might be cheating, then it’s in full knowledge of the conversation you’ve had. This time you might choose benefit of the doubt and to accept the apology, but you a worth more than staying with someone who doesn’t respect you after a specific line has be drawn.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1
On and off for around 6 months only went on a. Couple of dates rest was just sleeping together

That's a long time to be 'dating'. Had you discussed becoming official or was it more FWB? If the former, that's pretty grim to be having sex with someone else. If there was an understanding that it wasn't exclusive, so be it.
Original post by Anonymous
If your dating someone but your not official. And they sleep with someone else have they cheated on you?

If it is not official, it is not a serious relationship or a sign that it may get serious. No, I don't regard it as cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending