The Student Room Group

LGBT

hi im bi and i would like some advice bc ive come out as bi and know im thinking am i straight or gay is this normal
Original post by Anonymous
hi im bi and i would like some advice bc ive come out as bi and know im thinking am i straight or gay is this normal

Do you know if there is a reason why you're wondering if you're straight or gay (instead of bi)? Maybe it's because society is often very binary in it's way of thinking and there's pressure to be one or the other? Luckily that is improving. Sexuality can be very fluid and being bi doesn't mean you have to have a 50/50 split of attraction. You can also have different sexualities when it comes to romantic and sexual attraction e.g. you could be bisexual but hetroromantic.

I'm bi and it took a while to come to terms with but it's really not an issue and often gets easier with time. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Do you know if there is a reason why you're wondering if you're straight or gay (instead of bi)? Maybe it's because society is often very binary in it's way of thinking and there's pressure to be one or the other? Luckily that is improving. Sexuality can be very fluid and being bi doesn't mean you have to have a 50/50 split of attraction. You can also have different sexualities when it comes to romantic and sexual attraction e.g. you could be bisexual but hetroromantic.

I'm bi and it took a while to come to terms with but it's really not an issue and often gets easier with time. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

awww thanks i dont know when i came out as bi i had thoughts about being straight and then being gay and not bi im hoping that im bi because i like both genders and im with a boy at the moment and loving it thanks for the advice.. :smile:
awww thanks i dont know when i came out as bi i had thoughts about being straight and then being gay and not bi im hoping that im bi because i like both genders and im with a boy at the moment and loving it thanks for the advice.. :smile:

I think people do worry too much about labels. At the end of the day if you like both/all genders then that would fit with bi. Some people prefer the term queer if they're not sure as that's often like an umbrella term to cover different terms :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

A few images that I found a while ago that help me (hopefully they have attached okay!) :smile:
Reply 5
thanks for all of that and i hope we will be good friends on here thanks alot :smile:

well if youre bi youre bi whats more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending