The Student Room Group

Religious people!Would you send your children to a gay to straight conversion teraphy

Scroll to see replies

When people give their honest opinion and ww3 breaks out
i'm like:
tea.jpg
Original post by *Stefan*
1. So, what about the myriads of heterosexual couples engaging in such activities? Are they "objectively" wrong? Who gave you the authority to call something wrong on behalf of everyone else?
2. So, heterosexual couples which do not want to reproduce are unnatural? Heterosexual couples which cannot reproduce are unnatural? Why is "natural" relevant here?
3. What a false dichotomy. It does not make it "objectively" wrong. This is such a silly generalisation. I would have accepted that if the stats were 100% - not even close. Too many factors come in here to reach that silly conclusion.
4. Again, the mentality of a hardcore religious person. Before, you said that it is unnatural. Now, you say that it being natural (since it is found in animals as well) is irrelevant. Do you note the hypocrisy here? Are you only going to use the "natural" argument when it suits your needs?

All in all, all you offered is what religious people call "arguments" based on subjective morality. Case dismissed.

Well our reproductive organs tell us what is objectively wrong and not.

Original post by 04MR17
No.
Says who? You? What gives you the right to judge?Wow. And? This is bad because,,,
Rubbish
Says who? You? What gives you the right to judge?

My own human body:biggrin:

Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Being gay isn't a choice. If it was a choice lots of people wouldn't commit suicide because they're gay. It's an innate behaviour for a gay person to be attracted to the same gender just like how you are attracted to the opposite gender. No one can stop themselves from feeling attracted to someone it's just not possible unless you're asexual etc. It's not wrong to be gay or bi or straight at all! Not they're fault and shouldn't be anyones business who people are attracted to.
To be completely honest bi people are lucky, they have more choices haha :smile:

Oh and have more HIV cases too. Gay people commit suicide to persuade people to accept them but if its so normal why do they need us to accept their behaviour?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DiddyDec
And No. 4?

Why is it wrong for humans to engage in homosexuality when it occurs in nature?

Animals kill their young and eat each other alive which is unsuitable for humans so not everything animals do if good for humans because we are at top of evolutionary chain.

Original post by ilovethe1975
AMEN. It has been scientifically proven that being gay is a gene. What are you going to do? Go mutate that gene just because you disagree? You literally can't do anything about it so why don't you just accept it. My parents are completely against the idea of homosexuality due to religion but I also grew up being taught that everyone is different and that we need to accept that and get on with our lives. Homosexuality is not disgusting and never will be.

"In fact, since the early 1990s, numerous studies attempting to establish a genetic cause for homosexuality have not proven to be valid or repeatable two important requirements for study results to become accepted as fact in the scientific community.Because of this, the current thinking in the scientific community is that homosexuality is likely caused by a complex interaction of psychosocial, environmental and possible biological factors. And the two leading national psychiatric and psychological professional groups agree that, so far, there are no conclusive studies supporting any specific biological or genetic cause for homosexuality.1In sum, there is no scientific or DNA test to tell us if a person is homosexual, bisexual or even heterosexual for that matter. And since nobody is "born gay," it's clear that sexual orientation is, at its core, a matter of how one defines oneself not a matter of biology or genes."

Original post by parrot16
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
well our reproductive organs tell us what is objectively wrong and not.

My own human body:d

animals kill their young and eat each other alive which is unsuitable for humans so not everything animals do if good for humans because we are at top of evolutionary chain.

"in fact, since the early 1990s, numerous studies attempting to establish a genetic cause for homosexuality have not proven to be valid or repeatable two important requirements for study results to become accepted as fact in the scientific community.because of this, the current thinking in the scientific community is that homosexuality is likely caused by a complex interaction of psychosocial, environmental and possible biological factors. And the two leading national psychiatric and psychological professional groups agree that, so far, there are no conclusive studies supporting any specific biological or genetic cause for homosexuality.1in sum, there is no scientific or dna test to tell us if a person is homosexual, bisexual or even heterosexual for that matter. And since nobody is "born gay," it's clear that sexual orientation is, at its core, a matter of how one defines oneself not a matter of biology or genes."

its the 21st century. I'd rather be proud to be from the generation where everyone is equal no matter what race/sexuality/background they have. People are gay. Get over it.
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Give me proof that it occurs naturally.

I honestly do not intend to offend anyone, and apologise if i do, but all homosexuals that I have met had family problems.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150206-are-there-any-homosexual-animals

Original post by PharaohFromSpace
But how do you know????

Everyone accuses people who do not support homosexuality to be unscientific and throwing words in the wind. Give me solid scientific evidence. Do not support your argument by saying "everyone is free", if that was the case, I could run rampage and do as I please, which is obviously wrong.

Do you really think people would choose to be gay in places that kill gay people?

Like places in Africa where they burn people alive for being gay.

Because it is very different. A person who cannot reproduce maybe has a mutation so maybe they don't pass on harmful genes. But however even if someone believes they are completely infertile, if they engage in vaginal intercourse there is always a chance of reproduction.
Homosexuality does not occur naturally in humans see my post above in quotes.

Some people cannot breed for one reason or another.

Homosexuals cannot reproduce naturally.

So by your logic that is wrong.

It is not known how homosexuality occurs, but judging that it can be seen in nature and among other mammals it suggests that it occurs naturally.
its the 21st century. I'd rather be proud to be from the generation where everyone is equal no matter what race/sexuality/background they have. People are gay. Get over it.

But if someone is doing something is wrong you should say so shouldnt you? Not get over it.
Reply 46
Well our reproductive organs tell us what is objectively wrong and not.

No, it should be your brain that tells you what's wrong or not - it's what humans use to make laws and define what's good and bad. I don't know if you live in a society that uses its reproductive organs to tell them what's right or wrong, but that is not applicable here. Thankfully.

But again, your logic dictates that people who cannot reproduce (using the penis and the vagina) are "wrong". Really?

As I said, you cannot argue in favour of your reasoning. It is based on religious dogma and that much is crystal clear.

If you want to discuss this further, provide "objective"(!) analysis (and I suggest you read the definition of the word). Otherwise, don't bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But if someone is doing something is wrong you should say so shouldnt you? Not get over it.

I am sorry but previously you compared being gay to being a murderer. The only person in the wrong here is you.
Original post by DiddyDec

I salute you man.
No, it should be your brain that tells you what's wrong or not - it's what humans use to make laws and define what's good and bad. I don't know if you live in a society that uses its reproductive organs to tell them what's right or wrong, but that is not applicable here. Thankfully.

But again, your logic dictates that people who cannot reproduce (using the penis and the vagina) are "wrong". Really?

As I said, you cannot argue in favour of your reasoning. It is based on religious dogma and that much is crystal clear.

If you want to discuss this further, provide "objective"(!) analysis (and I suggest you read the definition of the word). Otherwise, don't bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and my brain tells me homosexuality is wrong because it is a major spread of HIV and does not have a single chance of reproduction whereas even infertile people have a tiny chance of reproduction.
I salute you man.

Your comment reminded me of the poster. It seems appropriate and gets the point across.
I am sorry but previously you compared being gay to being a murderer. The only person in the wrong here is you.

Why? Maybe I made a wrong comparison but why is my point wrong- apart from the dodgy comparison?
Why? Maybe I made a wrong comparison but why is my point wrong- apart from the dodgy comparison?

You should consider the other things you've said. 'Anal sex is disgusting' etc etc. It's pretty homophobic to say the least.
Yes and my brain tells me homosexuality is wrong because it is a major spread of HIV and does not have a single chance of reproduction whereas even infertile people have a tiny chance of reproduction.

No they don't.

Infertile - (of a person, animal, or plant) unable to reproduce itself; unable to have young
Original post by saeed97
But this is a thriller of a thread!
My own human body.
How could you quite possibly explain how your own human body indicates your judgement over your peers? Does your body shiver when you see a homosexual? Because that would just make you seem more camp...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 56

You are a stubborn flower aren't you?

What has the chance of fertility or spread of HIV have to do with it being right or wrong?

I've answered for your claims in the previous post and, as expected, you ignored them because you couldn't answer the questions.

Let's change the question then:

Being religious is wrong because a) there is no proof of a God being out there (akin to your own claim about the gay gene, from an irrelevant study mind you), b) most religious people are not educated and c) religious people are more likely to kill others because of their beliefs.

How fair does that sound? Do you like your pathetic argument being used for you yourself?

We both know the answer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes and my brain tells me homosexuality is wrong
Whoah! Hold on there, your brain or your body? Do you come out in a rash at the sight of GAY Aah!!!
Because it is a major spread of HIV
Rubbish.
and does not have a single chance of reproduction whereas even infertile people have a tiny chance of reproduction.
Why should that matter?
You are a stubborn flower aren't you?
What has the chance of fertility or spread of HIV have to do with it being right or wrong?
I've answered for your claims in the previous post and, as expected, you ignored them because you couldn't answer the questions.
Let's change the question then:
Being religious is wrong because a) there is no proof of a God being out there (akin to your own claim about the gay gene, from an irrelevant study mind you), b) most religious people are not educated and c) religious people are more likely to kill others because of their beliefs.
How fair does that sound? Do you like your pathetic argument being used for you yourself?
We both know the answer.
Let's stay away from religion, there is a whole other thread for this debate.
Reply 59
Original post by 04MR17
Let's stay away from religion, there is a whole other thread for this debate.

She obviously bases her opinion on religion, and as such we cannot exclude this topic.

(Note: I do not have anything against religious people and I still consider myself part of the Christian family. The argument is only used to reflect her own)

Quick Reply

Latest