The Student Room Group

Are 4 A Levels too much to handle?

Hey guys.
I am currently taking History, Gov&Pol and Sociology in school and am due to start French on Monday too with my private tutor. My GCSE results were not that great as I had a mix of As,Bs and Cs. I originally picked Sociology, Politics and French, but my sixth form decided to take it out since I was the only one who picked it(apparently). They said they will bring French back but wasted time and didn't give me a decisive answer until a month after. I really want to do French no matter what since it is something that I want to carry on doing at Uni as well (Law in French) however I am not so sure about that but I still want to do French in university, since it's the only thing I am good at. I was wondering if anyone that is doing 4 a levels could tell me a bit about their experience and how they cope with it and whether it is really,really hard work.
Thanks x
Reply 1
I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Physics, and I am doing fine so far.................
Its possible, but you'll have to put a hell of a lot of work into doing so and might get stressed in the process. If you think you can cope with the workload then go for it. Choose wisely though, its not worth risking 3 good results for the possibilty of one more
Original post by JackFletch
Its possible, but you'll have to put a hell of a lot of work into doing so and might get stressed in the process. If you think you can cope with the workload then go for it. Choose wisely though, its not worth risking 3 good results for the possibilty of one more

I know😭I just really want to do French
Thanks for the advice
Original post by Dabo_26
I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Physics, and I am doing fine so far.................

Wow, good luck 😀

Quick Reply

Latest