The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Plas Gwyn accommodation

Hi, I am looking at studying Fine art in 2016 and wondering what the Plas Gwyn halls are like? Is it fun living there? What nightlife is popular around the area and are there any cons?
It's decent. Room is fine, pretty basic stuff. Shower is a little small though
Not much in the area only about 2 convenient stores 10 minutes by foot which can be quite tiring especially after class. In terms of nightlife most of the students head over to the Cardiff city centre which is about 10 minutes away by bus 63 or 25. Other than that its pretty much a sleepy old fashioned british town. Lucky the city centre is pretty near. Oh but there's like 2 pubs there but mostly filled with older people. TLDR ; A little boring , but the city is pretty nearby by bus.
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Accountbooster
It's decent. Room is fine, pretty basic stuff. Shower is a little small though
Not much in the area only about 2 convenient stores 10 minutes by foot which can be quite tiring especially after class. In terms of nightlife most of the students head over to the Cardiff city centre which is about 10 minutes away by bus 63 or 25. Other than that its pretty much a sleepy old fashioned british town. Lucky the city centre is pretty near. Oh but there's like 2 pubs there but mostly filled with older people. TLDR ; A little boring , but the city is pretty nearby by bus.

Cool, what are nights out like? How is the clubbing?
Original post by lmarshall23
Cool, what are nights out like? How is the clubbing?

Never been clubbing xD. My flatmates club often though, theres a club in town they all go to. Its called GLAM. I heard its pretty cheap, 3 pounds entry and on a certain day drinks are a pound.

Quick Reply