The Student Room Group

Parent's Learning Allowance

Hi,

I am studying a full time course and have two children who I financially support. However they no longer live with me, they live with their mother outside the UK.
I would like to ask if I am still eligible to apply for PLA under these circumstances?

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris, To be eligible for the funding the children would need to live with yourself or you have shared custody. As you mentioned you financially support the children, how often do you care also for them? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi Chris, To be eligible for the funding the children would need to live with yourself or you have shared custody. As you mentioned you financially support the children, how often do you care also for them? Thanks, Angela

Thanks for your reply Angela, I thought as much. They live in the Philippines with their Mum so they visit the UK once a year and I visit over there once a year, I do not see them often because of the distance.
Original post by cobrien84
Thanks for your reply Angela, I thought as much. They live in the Philippines with their Mum so they visit the UK once a year and I visit over there once a year, I do not see them often because of the distance.

Thank you. In this case you wouldn't be eligible for the grant. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending