The Student Room Group

Still haven't received student finance

Hi, just made an account to post this.

A couple of months back I sent the declaration form off in the envelop that student finance sent to me. I didn't see anything on the student finance site about it being approved, only the "print and sign your declaration form" message on my student finance home page.

After about a week I tried ringing, I was sat on the phone for about 40 minutes, and never got put through. So I left it till the next day assuming they were busy. Next day same thing, 45 minute wait. I found no way to email them about it, so I decided to print and send the document in an envelop myself, assuming it was freepost I didn't buy a stamp and just used the address on the declaration form.

Another month later and still not seen any updates. I'm about to send another signed declaration form, which will now be the 3rd one. Address exactly the same on each one. This time I might just buy a stamp but before doing so I want to make sure I've done everything correctly as I'm broke as f*** and really need the finance.

I've been trying to ring every couple of days but the same 30-45 minute wait applies. Starting to get a bit annoying now.

Thanks in advance, Jack
Hi there.

Which number are you calling? Our phone lines are relatively quiet just now, you should be able to reach us on 0300 100 0607 without that much of a delay.

Our envelopes are free-post, however if you provide your own you will need to actually provide a stamp, so if you have not done so it will not have been received.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

Which number are you calling? Our phone lines are relatively quiet just now, you should be able to reach us on 0300 100 0607 without that much of a delay.

Our envelopes are free-post, however if you provide your own you will need to actually provide a stamp, so if you have not done so it will not have been received.

Thanks

Ah that's why, no stamp.

If I ring can they send me another envelop? Stamps aren't cheap these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending