The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Official Cardiff University Clearing 2023 thread

Welcome to the Official Cardiff University Clearing 2023 Thread!

If you have your results, you can apply through Clearing now. Call us on 0333 241 2800 to discuss your options.

If you are waiting for your results, you can view the courses available in clearing on our website now. On results day, give us a call and we can talk you through the courses available with the grades you have.

Our call centre will be open from 8am on Thursday 17 August.

If you are an international or EU student, please contact our International Clearing team

If you need any advice or guidance, you can chat to our student ambassadors and staff on The Student Room.

Wishing you all the best over the next few weeks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cardiff Uni Rep

Welcome to the Official Cardiff University Clearing 2023 Thread!

If you have your results, you can apply through Clearing now. Call us on 0333 241 2800 to discuss your options.

If you are waiting for your results, you can view the courses available in clearing on our website now. On results day, give us a call and we can talk you through the courses available with the grades you have.

Our call centre will be open from 8am on Thursday 17 August.

If you are an international or EU student, please contact our International Clearing team

If you need any advice or guidance, you can chat to our student ambassadors and staff on The Student Room.

Wishing you all the best over the next few weeks! :smile:

Hi, I applied for neuroscience at Cardiff Uni and I received an offer for AAB or ABB if I got at least an A in my EPQ.
My EPQ has been predicted to be an A* so Ive been aiming for ABB. I believe that I will get an A in Biology (perhaps even A*), an A or B in maths, but I am worried about physics as the exam series was particularly difficult this year. If I got a C in physics, do you think I would still be accepted into the neuroscience course, even if I had to go through clearing? Bearing in mind my EPQ is also neuroscience based.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I applied for neuroscience at Cardiff Uni and I received an offer for AAB or ABB if I got at least an A in my EPQ.
My EPQ has been predicted to be an A* so Ive been aiming for ABB. I believe that I will get an A in Biology (perhaps even A*), an A or B in maths, but I am worried about physics as the exam series was particularly difficult this year. If I got a C in physics, do you think I would still be accepted into the neuroscience course, even if I had to go through clearing? Bearing in mind my EPQ is also neuroscience based.

Thank you for your interest in Cardiff. Unfortunately we are unable to comment on your application. However, please call our Clearing centre on 0333 241 2800 on Thursday 17 August to discuss further. Good luck! 😊
If you have accepted a place at Cardiff University and secured university accommodation you can join our residences Facebook groups.

These groups are a great way for you to meet your new flatmates and plan your Freshers' Week activities before you arrive in Cardiff :smile:
Reply 4
Is the SIMS accomodation page down for anyone else? Simply says unexpected error, need to book accom asap!
Original post by hlght04
Is the SIMS accomodation page down for anyone else? Simply says unexpected error, need to book accom asap!

hi, i just booked accom this morning! when were you sent your login details just out of curiosity?
Reply 6
Original post by astrostial
hi, i just booked accom this morning! when were you sent your login details just out of curiosity?

Around 8am this morning... still cant get through. I can log on to SIMS but the University Residences page crashes

hiya! I applied for clearing today (ik i left it late, I was stressing) I was wondering how long it took for the provider to confirm your place? It's just the accom deadline is tomorrow and I really don't wanna be homeless
Original post by hlght04
Around 8am this morning... still cant get through. I can log on to SIMS but the University Residences page crashes

hey, i hope u were able to sort it out !
Original post by onlinegyaah
hiya! I applied for clearing today (ik i left it late, I was stressing) I was wondering how long it took for the provider to confirm your place? It's just the accom deadline is tomorrow and I really don't wanna be homeless

hello ! i received an email two days later, but honesty don’t worry, just try calling them tomorrow to see if u can sort it out, im sure they’ll understand :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 10
hi guys, does anyone if bursaries are available for clearing applicants? coming from a lower-income household, i was looking to apply for the Cardiff University Bursary but there's no details available on the website and i'm wondering if there's a deadline that i missed?
hello ! i received an email two days later, but honesty don’t worry, just try calling them tomorrow to see if u can sort it out, im sure they’ll understand :smile:

alright brilliant! how are you looking for student finance? I can't do anything yet without confirmation but im stresssingggggg. How long did it take for you to get accom and change the unniveristy/
alright brilliant! how are you looking for student finance? I can't do anything yet without confirmation but im stresssingggggg. How long did it take for you to get accom and change the unniveristy/

im just as stressed bc im still waiting for my student finance application to be processed !!! i haven’t been able to change my university yet since they want me to complete and send them a form ?? and i haven’t heard back from accommodation either yet
im just as stressed bc im still waiting for my student finance application to be processed !!! i haven’t been able to change my university yet since they want me to complete and send them a form ?? and i haven’t heard back from accommodation either yet

oh babe, do you have insta? I'd love to share this stress with you LMAOO

ofc lmao ! let me message it to u
ofc lmao ! let me message it to u

you can message?? I didn't realise you could do that PAHAHAHA
Original post by le-cygne
hi guys, does anyone if bursaries are available for clearing applicants? coming from a lower-income household, i was looking to apply for the Cardiff University Bursary but there's no details available on the website and i'm wondering if there's a deadline that i missed?

hello! i was also looking into buraries and im pretty sure it should be available to all students or it would be quite unfair, on the website i think it said they will publish details in spring which feels a bit late ??
Reply 17
hello! i was also looking into buraries and im pretty sure it should be available to all students or it would be quite unfair, on the website i think it said they will publish details in spring which feels a bit late ??

i saw that too and was confused because it says spring of 2023 meaning they've already been published but are now unavailable? it might be a technical issue so i've contacted the bursaries team about this and will keep you posted :smile:
Original post by le-cygne
i saw that too and was confused because it says spring of 2023 meaning they've already been published but are now unavailable? it might be a technical issue so i've contacted the bursaries team about this and will keep you posted :smile:

i totally missed the fact it said 2023, thank you for letting me know !
Reply 19

hey! did you manage to hear back from accom yet? im in the same situation too ahahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending