The Student Room Group

KCL A102 2023 Offer Holders

2023 cohort for Graduate Entry Medicine at KCL

Scroll to see replies

Hello, very excited to have an offer from KCL! Have you guys got offers from any other universities or are you still waiting?
I had an offer from Warwick, but KCL was my first choice so will be firming as soon as possible :smile: Congrats on the offers everyone, can't wait to start the course!
Hey guys! When can we even start firming our choices?
Original post by ButterflyReprise
Hey guys! When can we even start firming our choices?

Once you've met the conditions of your offer you have to withdraw your application from any universities you've applied for but haven't heard back from. Then, once UCAS says you've heard back from all of your choices (or withdrawn from the ones you don't want) you have the option to choose the remaining university.
Original post by sully2341
Once you've met the conditions of your offer you have to withdraw your application from any universities you've applied for but haven't heard back from. Then, once UCAS says you've heard back from all of your choices (or withdrawn from the ones you don't want) you have the option to choose the remaining university.

Alright makes sense, thanks a lot!
Btw, has anyone else had a problem finding A102 on Student Finance England when it asks you what course you're applying for?
Reply 7
Have you guys got your degrees yet or are you still waiting to graduate?
Original post by elb2000

I already have mine! Submitted this on the portal to change my conditional offer to an unconditional!

I did see something about if your degrees/transcripts will come after the start date, they may be able to make an exception to the rule - but you have to let them know.
Original post by elb2000

I've already graduated!
Reply 10
Ah, I’m still doing my biomed undergrad ! Finish in April
Btw, has anyone else had a problem finding A102 on Student Finance England when it asks you what course you're applying for?

Yeah it doesnt show up, I added it manually. I was also wondering, do we mark it as an accelerated degree on student finance? I'm also a graduate and had to submit my transcript to meet the conditions of the offer.
Yeah it doesnt show up, I added it manually. I was also wondering, do we mark it as an accelerated degree on student finance? I'm also a graduate and had to submit my transcript to meet the conditions of the offer.

I emailed KCL to ask them about it, I’ll update you with their reply. I’m not sure about whether it counts as accelerated too, lmao…
Just accepted my offer at Kings! Feels surreal to be going after my 3rd time trying!

I also just called up Student Finance to ask about applying for finance, where they said that Kings have not yet uploaded the course onto the system (they haven't uploaded most of their courses apparently). The guy that I spoke to told me to nudge Kings to add this to SFE and then apply after that.

If you add all the details in manually you might have some issues with getting your finance, so he advised against this. Hopefully they will get everything up onto SFE soon.
Original post by anongemedicine
Just accepted my offer at Kings! Feels surreal to be going after my 3rd time trying!

I also just called up Student Finance to ask about applying for finance, where they said that Kings have not yet uploaded the course onto the system (they haven't uploaded most of their courses apparently). The guy that I spoke to told me to nudge Kings to add this to SFE and then apply after that.

If you add all the details in manually you might have some issues with getting your finance, so he advised against this. Hopefully they will get everything up onto SFE soon.

Thanks for updating us! Do you know if this counts as an accelerated course? If not I'll call SFE and ask them!
Thanks for updating us! Do you know if this counts as an accelerated course? If not I'll call SFE and ask them!

I'm pretty sure it does, but then it might be counted as a standard course which is just 4 years (I'd check with SFE just in case).

I was told to wait for now until it's all sorted - so I'd recommend that we all wait until Kings have done their bit and added all of the information in SFE, as it'll make our lives a lot easier!

If you have already submitted an application, I'd call SFE once it's clear that Kings have added A102 onto the system and you might be able to swap it over so that your payments are completed correctly.
Original post by anongemedicine
If you have already submitted an application, I'd call SFE once it's clear that Kings have added A102 onto the system and you might be able to swap it over so that your payments are completed correctly.

I was waaay to eager and just went ahead an applied to SFE only to realise now maybe I shouldn't have rushed it lol. I haven't fully sent it off as I haven't completed the sponsor details section so hopefully I'll be able to call them and get that sorted once KCL sort their side out.

Also, I got this email from funding today that cleared stuff up for me.

"Hi,
Many thanks for your email.
From looking into this further, the A101 course is not an accelerated degree. Accelerated Degrees are programmes that are studied over a shorter of period of time than the standard course length. Please note that we are in the process of adding courses onto the Student Finance database, so not all courses have been set up on this yet for 23/24. If your course is not listed when applying for funding, please check back again in a few weeks’ time.
Best wishes,

Charlie Rivers
Student Funding Officer"

And congrats on your offer!! I think 3 attempts would crush me so well done on persevering :biggrin:
Hey guys, they responded saying that the course is now uploaded onto the Student Finance website:

"This course is set up on the Student Finance portal as ‘Medicine Graduate/Professional Entry Programme (4YR)’ The SLC course code is 225845."
Has anyone received the link to begin the DBS process/occupational health survey yet? Also, anyone had any luck with finding decent accommodation?
Reply 19
Has anyone received the link to begin the DBS process/occupational health survey yet? Also, anyone had any luck with finding decent accommodation?

Haven’t had the DBS come through yet either.
I’m commuting so haven’t looked at accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending