The Student Room Group

Kings Offer! Interviewed 22/02

So very happy. I pranced about the house all day.

My interview was on the 22nd Feb, got two female interviews, one elderly admin, one a middle aged oncologist.

Two weeks later, recieved a letter asking me to "confirm my fee-paying status", which got my hopes up. But when I rang, the receptionist would not give me a straight answer.

Two more weeks of agony later, I phoned to see if everything was OK. She told me Kings had made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Offer was on Track on Wed (21/03), Welcome Pack arrived the day after.

I am so unbelievably releived. Good luck to all who applied.

Now to choose my accomodation...hmm
Reply 1
congrats, you lucky lucky bastard : -)
Thx, I can finally get my first decent night's sleep for god knows how long...
Well done

Marc
Thx dude, i read your interview post, it was very detailed, very helpful. I hope you get in too :smile:
Reply 5
Chocolate AssCream
Two weeks later, recieved a letter asking me to "confirm my fee-paying status",

Is this how they sort candidates by Home and International status or do you have to tell them before applying?

Do you need to show them your passport?
Yeh..it was kinda weird. I had to send photocopies of my passport. I phoned up to ask and they said it was just a routine check to make sure.

I took it as a good sign anyway. I thought if the were going to reject me outright they're not gonna bother asking me to confirm my fee-paying status.

Anyway, the offer is made by the two interviewers who interviewed you. I know a few ppl who had the same interview date as me. Go check Track now! GL :smile:
well done!

they said an offer you cannot refuse...
is that lower conditions?
Reply 8
Did you find that the interviews never smiled, no matter what you did? It started to make me nervous..
Reply 9
Pratik_thakkar
well done!

they said an offer you cannot refuse...
is that lower conditions?

Yeh I want to know what this special offer was too.
theredsox
Did you find that the interviews never smiled, no matter what you did? It started to make me nervous..

My god yes! The old lady was really nice to me before in the waiting room. We shook hands and then it was down to business, all my answers were met with blank stares.

Pratik_thakkar
they said an offer you cannot refuse...is that lower conditions?

Err..no, I just wanted to butcher the Godfather :P Offer was AAB (excluding Gen. Studies)
Does anyone know the chances of being picked up off the waiting list? I mean, is the waiting list a sort of standby in case there aren't enough, or do they actually take a slightly substantial proportion off of it? Does anyone know anything? The letter was one of the most singularly unhelpful things I've ever read!
Lol, the pokemon society! Awesome :wink: It's a small proportion off waiting lists in general.
Philosoraptor
Lol, the pokemon society! Awesome :wink: It's a small proportion off waiting lists in general.

Yes. All the cool people join, didn't you know? :p:
Ah dammit. Looks like I'm probably reapplying then? You're more helpful than King's are. I phoned up and they were like "well I'm not really in a position to tell you that"
And they're already going through the waiting list. There was almost no point in putting me on it!

Latest

Trending

Trending